Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Curt Pederson <cu...@techemail.com> on 2002/09/19 16:49:49 UTC

Tomcat 3.2.4 performance tuning tips

We have written an app that has to handle lots (100s or even 1000s) of requests
VERY quickly and we are using Tomcat 3.2.4 (planning on moving to 4.x in
the near future.)  I found the information about setting the thread pool
sizes on the connectors and have been playing with that.  What would be some
good values to set for the pool size to handle a large quantity of hits in
very short bursts?  Are there any other things we can tweek?

Thanks,
Curt