Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2020/09/25 19:21:34 UTC

Now Enabling Nashorn Compatibility

Hi all

things weren't as easy as I had hoped. You cannot enable Nashorn
compatibility via javax.scriptiong bindings, only two options have been
available:

* set a system property before creating the engine

* add extra code that depends on Graal and create the ScriptEngine via
  Graal's constructor rather than ScriptEngineManager

I've decided to take the sysproperty approach, even though this means
you cannot revert the decision once you've created your first
engine. This turned out to be challenging for tests as I had to fork the
tests independent of each other.

I'll cut a release candidate this weekend and start a vote, please vote
with -1 if you feel this apporach is wrong (or speak up before I start
the vote thread if you happen to find the time).

Stefan

Re: Now Enabling Nashorn Compatibility

Posted by Jaikiran Pai <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hello Stefan,

I went through these commits and they look fine to me. I think it's OK
to set the system property to enable the compatibility.

-Jaikiran