Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Michael Ageeb <mi...@acm.org> on 2006/05/09 14:42:16 UTC

ajaxChildComboBox why two methods that return SelectItem array

Hello,
   I'm trying to use the ajaxChildComboBox and i found in the examples that
it is using two methods to return the same data one in bind  as a tag
parameter "ajaxSelectItemsMethod" and another one as a normal f:selectItems.

in other words what is the purpose of the bold methods

<s:ajaxChildComboBox value="#{ajaxChildComboBoxBean.selectedCity}"
parentComboBox="parentCombo"
                             ajaxSelectItemsMethod="#{
ajaxChildComboBoxBean.getCitiesOfSelectedCountry}">
            <f:selectItems value="#{ajaxChildComboBoxBean.cities}"/>
        </s:ajaxChildComboBox>

--
http://mageeb.net
Read http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html