Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org> on 2019/05/30 18:39:09 UTC

[VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.9.0

I would like to propose an Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.9.0 release.

This is one of the smallest releases we've done. It includes a handful of
bug fixes, a few improvements, and one major new feature:

  [ARTEMIS-2308] - Support exporting metrics

The release notes can be found here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315920&version=12345527

The git commit report is here:
http://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/download/commit-report-2.9.0

Source and binary distributions can be found here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-artemis/2.9.0/

The Maven repository is here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1191

In case you want to give it a try with the maven repo on examples:
http://activemq.apache.org/artemis/docs/latest/hacking-guide/validating-releases.html

The source tag:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq-artemis.git;a=commit;h=refs/tags/2.9.0

I will update the website after the vote has passed.

[ ] +1 approve the release as Apache Artemis 2.9.0
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Here's my +1

Justin

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.9.0

Posted by Christopher Shannon <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1, having a vendor neutral approach for exporting metrics using micrometer
is a nice feature

Posted by Howard Gao <ho...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
+1 [binding]

--
Clebert Suconic

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.9.0

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On 5/30/19 2:39 PM, Justin Bertram wrote:
> I would like to propose an Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.9.0 release.
>
> This is one of the smallest releases we've done. It includes a handful of
> bug fixes, a few improvements, and one major new feature:
>
>    [ARTEMIS-2308] - Support exporting metrics
>
> The release notes can be found here:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315920&version=12345527
>
> The git commit report is here:
> http://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/download/commit-report-2.9.0
>
> Source and binary distributions can be found here:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-artemis/2.9.0/
>
> The Maven repository is here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1191
>
> In case you want to give it a try with the maven repo on examples:
> http://activemq.apache.org/artemis/docs/latest/hacking-guide/validating-releases.html
>
> The source tag:
> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq-artemis.git;a=commit;h=refs/tags/2.9.0
>
> I will update the website after the vote has passed.
>

> [ ] +1 approve the release as Apache Artemis 2.9.0
> [ ] +0 no opinion
> [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
>
> Here's my +1
>

> Justin

+1

* Validated signatures and checksums
* Checked for license files in archives
* Ran the broker from the binary archive and exercised the web console
* Ran the Qpid JMS example against the running broker
* Built from the source archive and ran the AMQP tests

--
Tim Bish