Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by gomes <sa...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/26 05:10:59 UTC

Is there any way I can prevent Hbase to allocate regions to particular region servers?

Without switching off the balancer, is there any way I can mark certain hbase
region servers from getting the regions from the HBase master?

Re: Is there any way I can prevent Hbase to allocate regions to particular region servers?

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
At the moment, HBase does not supply/use any include/exclude lists
like HDFS does. Without security enabled, anyone starting an RS daemon
would be able to join into the cluster.

For the include/exclude feature, you can track the JIRA HBASE-3833.

On Sun, Jul 27, 2014 at 10:36 PM, gomes <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Actually SREs in my team, sometimes accidentally bring a region server, even
> though those region servers are not supposed to join the cluster. Also when
> they bootstrap a new region server, they disable balancer for a long time, I
> dont want them to disable for a long period of time. I am just wondering
> whether I can explicitly ask master server to not include certain region
> servers for region allocation, even if those region servers accidentally
> join the pool.

Harsh J

Re: Is there any way I can prevent Hbase to allocate regions to particular region servers?

Posted by Esteban Gutierrez <es...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Gomes,

Could you please share with us why would you need this behavior?

regards,
esteban.

--
Cloudera, Inc.