Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Joseph Kulandai <ku...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/15 09:50:40 UTC

Is Version 1.1.1(Released September 18, 2006) the stable version for development?

Is Version 1.1.1(Released September 18, 2006) the stable version for
development?

I am planning to use Geronimo for development and I would like to know which
version is the latest stable version now? Please help me on this.

Thanks,
Joseph Kulandai.

Re: Is Version 1.1.1(Released September 18, 2006) the stable version for development?

Posted by Paul McMahan <pa...@gmail.com>.
I think this problem is fixed in trunk.  See

Best wishes,
Paul

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.
On 3/15/07, Ueberbach, Michael <mi...@dbh.de> wrote:
> I had a little, but nevertheless important problem using 2.0M3 instead of 1.1.1.
> When I tried to migrate to 2.0M3 I couldn't manage to deploy a database pool using the console. This was no problem in 1.1.1.

Ah, you're right. I haven't experienced it myself, but saw the issue
rised on the mailing list. It's said that you should be able to deploy
database-related plans from a command line.

> Maybe this will be solved in the next milestone?

But of course! (but don't take my word for it ;-))

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl

Re: Is Version 1.1.1(Released September 18, 2006) the stable version for development?

Posted by ibiddles <iv...@scientology.net>.
I posted an issue and was told that my configuration was wrong because the
daily plugin builds require WTP 2.0 (and I had 1.5.3).

So I fixed my configuration and he plugin works well for setting up and
editing the Geronimo configuration. I have one problem, however. When I try
to start Geronimo from the Servers view, I get the following:

   java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/geronimo/system/main/Daemon
   Exception in thread "main"

I have seen others psoting on the web who had the same problem in earlier
versions (around September 2006) but I didn't find an explanation or what to
do.

I tried adding the same classpath I found in geronimo.bet to the launch
configuration but it made no difference. The server runs perfectly fine from
startup.bat/geronimo.bat from the file system.

Any ideas?

Best wishes, Ivan

Posted by ibiddles <iv...@scientology.net>.
Dear Jacek,

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.

Posted by ibiddles <iv...@scientology.net>.
Dear Jacek,

The error I'm getting currently when I try to invoke the Deployment PLan
Editor has changed to:

Problems occurred when invoking code from plugin: "org.eclipse.jface".

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/core/resources/IFile
   at org.apache.geronimo.st.ui.editors.SharedDeploymentPlanEditor.getLoader
(94)
   at
org.apache.geronimo.st.ui.editors.SharedDeploymentPlanEditor.loadDeploymentPlan
(86)
   at
org.apache.geronimo.st.ui.editors.AbstractGeronimoDeploymentPlanEditor.init
(18)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.createSite (842)

and the rest are all Eclipse entries. (I am having to type these in so I
don't want to go any further unless I have to).

I have checked my plugins and there is no reason I can see why
org/eclipse/core/resources/IFile should not be found and loaded.

Some other anomalies are that in the server overview, the only entry in the
runtime drop-down is Geronimo v1.1 and if I click on the Edit hyperlink next
to it nothing happens at all.

I will check out the WTP forums as you suggest.

Best wishes, Ivan.

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.

Posted by ibiddles <iv...@scientology.net>.
Hi Jacek,

AW: Is Version 1.1.1(Released September 18, 2006) the stable version for development?

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.