Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2012/12/17 00:34:12 UTC

Flex release and build version number issue

Hi,

Think I've solved the build version number issue. The release is correct, but the the process/instructions for building a SDK for the framework need to be clearer. In order to run ide/flashbuilder/makeApacheFlexForFlashBuilder.sh you need to compile the source release, but if you're not careful in how you do that ie just do an "ant main" it will regenerate the flex-sdk-description.xml file and set the build version to 0.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Flex release and build version number issue

Posted by Carol Frampton <cf...@adobe.com>.

On 12/16/12 6 :34PM, "Justin Mclean" <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Think I've solved the build version number issue. The release is correct,
>but the the process/instructions for building a SDK for the framework
>need to be clearer. In order to run
>ide/flashbuilder/makeApacheFlexForFlashBuilder.sh you need to compile the
>source release, but if you're not careful in how you do that ie just do
>an "ant main" it will regenerate the flex-sdk-description.xml file and
>set the build version to 0.

Correct.  For a debug build we just left the build number as 0.  For a
release build you specify -Dbuild.number=x where x is generally the last
changed rev for the branch you are building.

Carol

Re: Flex release and build version number issue

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> I don't know the version number stuff that well.  Any chance you can update
> the release document [1] on the wiki yourself?
Yep I can update some of the build notes from what I've found. There's a few other things as well I've noted along the way.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 12/16/12 3:34 PM, "Justin Mclean" <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Think I've solved the build version number issue. The release is correct, but
> the the process/instructions for building a SDK for the framework need to be
> clearer. In order to run ide/flashbuilder/makeApacheFlexForFlashBuilder.sh you
> need to compile the source release, but if you're not careful in how you do
> that ie just do an "ant main" it will regenerate the flex-sdk-description.xml
> file and set the build version to 0.

I don't know the version number stuff that well.  Any chance you can update
the release document [1] on the wiki yourself?

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/Release+Guide+for+the+SDK
--
Alex Harui