Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Oliver Wulff <ow...@talend.com> on 2013/08/20 21:14:16 UTC

Release Fediz 1.1.0...

Hi there

I'd like to release CXF Fediz 1.1.0 within the next two weeks. A lot of new features have been implemented like support for more containers like Jetty, Websphere 7/8 and Spring Security 2/3 and minor extensions with respect to support SAML HoK. The main new feature (FEDIZ-3) for the Fediz IDP is the support to integrate with other trusted IDPs like ADFS or another Fediz IDP instance which is connected to another security domain.

The following items are pending for 1.1.0:
- Feedback and final testing for FEDIZ-3 from Thierry
- FEDIZ-34 for Karaf deployment
- FEDIZ-46 for CXF JAX-RS support (Sergey, can you work on this?)
- FEDIZ-15, IDP supports WS-Federation Metadata document (if I got enough time)
- update wiki

If you have any other thoughts or objections, let us know.

Thanks
Oli

------

Oliver Wulff

Blog: http://owulff.blogspot.com<http://owulff.blogspot.com/>
Solution Architect
http://coders.talend.com

<http://coders.talend.com>Talend Application Integration Division http://www.talend.com

Re: Release Fediz 1.1.0...

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Oli
On 22/08/13 23:25, Oliver Wulff wrote:
> Hi Sergey
>
> OK, let's do it for 1.2.0 or maybe a patch release. I'd like to get some clean up in CXF with respect to security and move the samlp stuff to fediz and integrate fediz into jaxrs. Then you get support for SAML-P and WS-Federation for JAX-RS and web applications.

Sounds good. I'll work on Fediz-47 for 1.2.0 or even for a patch release
if preferred, sure.

Re moving a SAML-P module to Fediz: I'm fine with that too, but I guess
I'd prefer us getting Fediz updated first to support SAML-P at the IDP
level, so that for example, I can update a demo where Shibboleth IDP is
used to also work with Fediz IDP, and then consider moving the SP
support module to Fediz; this is the reason I wanted to keep the module
in CXF at a time when we worked with Colm on it, so that CXF RS
endpoints can work with all IDPs...

Thanks, Sergey

RE: Release Fediz 1.1.0...

Re: Release Fediz 1.1.0...

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Oli

Re: Release Fediz 1.1.0...

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
+1. I have some more work to do on the Holder-of-Key task, but I'll try to
complete it by the end of this week.

Colm.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com

RE: Release Fediz 1.1.0...

Posted by Oliver Wulff <ow...@talend.com>.
Hi there

As CXF 2.7.7 is available I plan on doing the 1.0.0 release end of this week. If you have any other changes or anything that need to get in, let me know.

Thanks
Oli

De : Oliver Wulff [mailto:owulff@talend.com] Envoyé : mardi 20 août 2013 21:14 À : dev@cxf.apache.org<ma...@cxf.apache.org>
Objet : Release Fediz 1.1.0...

[...]

  ________________________________

Ce message et les pièces jointes sont confidentiels et réservés à l'usage exclusif de ses destinataires. Il peut également être protégé par le secret professionnel. Si vous recevez ce message par erreur, merci d'en avertir immédiatement l'expéditeur et de le détruire. L'intégrité du message ne pouvant être assurée sur Internet, la responsabilité de Worldline ne pourra être recherchée quant au contenu de ce message. Bien que les meilleurs efforts soient faits pour maintenir cette transmission exempte de tout virus, l'expéditeur ne donne aucune garantie à cet égard et sa responsabilité ne saurait être recherchée pour tout dommage résultant d'un virus transmis.

This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended solely for the addressee; it may also be privileged. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy it. As its integrity cannot be secured on the Internet, the Worldline liability cannot be triggered for the message content. Although the sender endeavours to maintain a computer virus-free network, the sender does not warrant that this transmission is virus-free and will not be liable for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted.

RE: Release Fediz 1.1.0...

Posted by Beucher Thierry <th...@worldline.com>.
Hi Oli,

RE: Release Fediz 1.1.0...