Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Fred Preston <PR...@uk.ibm.com> on 2004/11/26 15:36:13 UTC

SecureChannel

Hi All,
      The build is currently broken because SecureChannel does not compile.
I was trying to work out why this is so and came across some new code that
relies on globals being exported from AxisClient.  Why do we need these
globals?  Surely we could store the SSL library name when it is read from
the config file and then pass it through to the Transport API using the
setTransportProperty() method and extending the
AXIS_TRANSPORT_INFORMATION_TYPE to include something like DLL_NAME?  Then
you could have a new method in the SecureChannel called something like
setSecureProperties(enum DLL_NAME, string Name) and pass the DLL name to
the SecureChannel implementation?  We should be trying to avoid globals and
definitely trying to remove such linkages.

Regards,

Fred Preston.
Software Engineer

Re: SimpleAxisServer build fails on windows

Posted by sanjaya singharage <sa...@opensource.lk>.
The change make the project compile. But can't get from cvs yet.

sanjaya.
Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@yahoo.com>.

Apache module(s) build fails on windows

Posted by sanjaya singharage <sa...@opensource.lk>.
--------------------Configuration: Apache1_3Module - Win32
Debug--------------------
Compiling...
Command line warning D4024 : unrecognized source file type
'../../../include', object file assumed
Command line warning D4027 : source file '../../../include' ignored
ApacheTransport.cpp
mod_axis.cpp
Linking...
   Creating library ../../../bin/mod_axis.lib and object
../../../bin/mod_axis.exp
mod_axis.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _initialize_module
C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache\modules/mod_axis.dll : fatal error
LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

mod_axis.dll - 2 error(s), 2 warning(s)

sanjaya.

Re: OpenSSL

Posted by Fred Preston <PR...@uk.ibm.com>.

Hi All,
      Sorry, I meant use in the Apache Axis build, not put into!

Regards,

Fred Preston.

                      Fred
                      Preston/UK/IBM@IB        To:       "Apache AXIS C Developers List" <ax...@ws.apache.org>
                      MGB                      cc:
                                               Subject:  OpenSSL
                      14/01/05 14:14
                      Please respond to
                      "Apache AXIS C
                      Developers List"

Hi Damitha,
      When you where developing SecureChannel, where did you get the
OpenSSL build environment from and do you still have any non-Windows
versions that we could put into the Axis Apache build?

Regards,

Fred Preston.

OpenSSL

Re: SecureChannel

Posted by Damitha Kumarage <da...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Fred,
On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 14:36:13 +0000, Fred Preston wrote
> Hi All,
>       The build is currently broken because SecureChannel does not compile.
> I was trying to work out why this is so and came across some new
> code that relies on globals being exported from AxisClient.  Why do
> we need these globals?  Surely we could store the SSL library name
> when it is read from the config file and then pass it through to the
> Transport API using the setTransportProperty() method and extending the
> AXIS_TRANSPORT_INFORMATION_TYPE to include something like DLL_NAME?
> Then you could have a new method in the SecureChannel called
> something like setSecureProperties(enum DLL_NAME, string Name) and
> pass the DLL name to the SecureChannel implementation?  We should be
> trying to avoid globals and definitely trying to remove such linkages.

I added setTransportPropery to SecureChannel and removed the globals as you
suggested

thanks
damitha

--