Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Charles Gregory <cg...@hwcn.org> on 2010/06/02 22:31:19 UTC

Re: [sa] Performance problem body tests

On Wed, 2 Jun 2010, Helmut Schneider wrote:
> with certain mails on FreeBSD 8.0 and SA 3.3.1 I have a performance
> problem:

What distinguishes 'certain mails'? Length? Content? Mime attachements?

> So the body tests take ~ 30 of 37 seconds. It's not a load problem,

I noticed a significant increase in processing time when I upgraded from
3.2 to 3.3..... but it was pretty much for all messages.....

You might want to raise the level of debugging so that you see the test
which did NOT match, so that you can truly assess how long each body rule
takes to process. Your logs show 6 second 'gaps' but they may have just
been filled with non-hitting rule tests....

- C

Re: [sa] Performance problem body tests

Posted by Helmut Schneider <ju...@gmx.de>.
Charles Gregory wrote:

> On Wed, 2 Jun 2010, Helmut Schneider wrote:
> > with certain mails on FreeBSD 8.0 and SA 3.3.1 I have a performance
> > problem:
>
> What distinguishes 'certain mails'? Length? Content? Mime
> attachements?

It's around 1 of 1000, I caught one that was a HTML mail, 100kB, no
MIME attachments. But that one reliable, I can reproduce that problem
on all (4) of my installations. Unfortunately it's a company internal
legal mail so I can't share.

> > So the body tests take ~ 30 of 37 seconds. It's not a load problem,
>
> I noticed a significant increase in processing time when I upgraded
> from 3.2 to 3.3..... but it was pretty much for all messages.....
>
> You might want to raise the level of debugging

How?

--
No Swen today, my love has gone away
My mailbox stands for lorn, a symbol of the dawn