Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net> on 2004/04/13 22:48:23 UTC

Questions regarding a Clover donation

Hi,

I would like to get a free group clover license that is offered for
open source projects for the Directory project.

First off I was wondering if we already have one for the entire
ASF.  Secondly I was wondering if there are any requirements I must
abide by according to the ASF.

I was also thinking of approaching JetBrains for IDEA licenses for our
group as well.

Thanks,
Alex

RE: Questions regarding a Clover donation

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
Hey Brian,

Yeah I got the license from them but was leery of putting it out
there for the public to download and use.  Plus I've had problems
getting it working correctly with the Maven plugin so I just have
not used it.

Posted by Brian McCallister <mc...@forthillcompany.com>.
On Apr 23, 2004, at 6:28 PM, Noel J. Bergman wrote:

> Anyone granted Committer status is given a copy, as I
> understand you, but although it is an open ended license, it isn't
> open to
> the world, as it would be in CVS.

That is how we've interpreted it thus far. Need to talk to the Clover
people =)

-Brian

RE: Questions regarding a Clover donation

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> Speaking of Clover, OJB has had a license donated to us for use on OJB

> Would love to put it in cvs but the legality of that is ?? to us.

Ask the Clover folks.  Anyone granted Committer status is given a copy, as I
understand you, but although it is an open ended license, it isn't open to
the world, as it would be in CVS.

	--- Noel

Re: Questions regarding a Clover donation

Posted by Brian McCallister <mc...@forthillcompany.com>.
Speaking of Clover, OJB has had a license donated to us for use on OJB
-- but we've just passed it around to the committers thus far.

Posted by Erik Abele <er...@codefaktor.de>.
On 22.04.2004, at 01:43, Alex Karasulu wrote:

>> can record it appropriately (and make sure that others have access to
>> it if need be). On the other hand, if it's only a PMC-wide license the
>> respective PMC can handle it itself of course... ;)
>
> Say was it you Erik that had the contact at JetBrains?

Nope, sorry.

Cheers,
Erik

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.

Np will do.

Posted by Erik Abele <er...@codefaktor.de>.

Posted by Erik Hatcher <eh...@apache.org>.
On Apr 14, 2004, at 6:11 AM, Leo Simons wrote:
>> I was also thinking of approaching JetBrains for IDEA licenses for
>> our group as well.
>
> hehehe. do ask for an ASF-wide license too ;)

JetBrains did extend a free (for non-commercial use) license to all Ant
committers.  I use it every waking moment!

	Erik

Re: Questions regarding a Clover donation

Posted by Leo Simons <ls...@jicarilla.org>.
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> I would like to get a free group clover license that is offered for
> open source projects for the Directory project.
>
> First off I was wondering if we already have one for the entire
> ASF.

Nope. Asked them a while ago (see the community@ archives). They're more
happy giving licenses out to individual projects.

> Secondly I was wondering if there are any requirements I must
> abide by according to the ASF.

http://www.apache.org/foundation/contributing.html#Fundraising

is as far as my knowledge goes there.

--
cheers,

- Leo Simons

Component Community -- http://componentplanet.org/
Component Glue      -- http://jicarilla.org/

Re: Questions regarding a Clover donation

Posted by Bruce Snyder <fe...@frii.com>.
This one time, at band camp, David Blevins said:

DB>On Tue, Apr 13, 2004 at 04:48:23PM -0400, Alex Karasulu wrote:
DB>> I was also thinking of approaching JetBrains for IDEA licenses for our
DB>> group as well.
DB>>
DB>
DB>Boy would I love an IDEA license.

An individual license is only US $249 for the next eight days.

Bruce

The Castor Project
http://www.castor.org/

Apache Geronimo

Re: Questions regarding a Clover donation

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Tue, Apr 13, 2004 at 04:48:23PM -0400, Alex Karasulu wrote:
> I was also thinking of approaching JetBrains for IDEA licenses for our
> group as well.

Boy would I love an IDEA license.

-David

Re: Questions regarding a Clover donation

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@ispsoft.de>.
Zitat von Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>:

> First off I was wondering if we already have one for the entire
> ASF.  Secondly I was wondering if there are any requirements I must
> abide by according to the ASF.

AFAIK the Clover people prefer issuing the license for more specific
projects. However, that is not a problem: A license for ws-jaxme was
issued within hours. Just ask.

Jochen