Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by jochenw <jo...@googlemail.com> on 2019/02/06 06:07:50 UTC

Karaf 4.2.2: Jetty 9.3.x?

Hello,

in our application, we currently cannot upgrade to Jetty 9.4 (using Vaadin
7.x, which only works with Jetty 9.3 due to some change in the push library
for Jetty 9.4 - and upgrade to Vaadin >7 is currently not an option).

Karaf 4.2.2 has a dependency on pax-web 7.2 (org.apache.karaf.web.core),
which only works with Jetty 9.4 due to a change in the Jetty server
(HandlerCollection constructor).

Is there a way to still make Jetty 9.3 run on Karaf 4.2.x using pax-web?

Thanks & Regards,
Jochen

Re: Karaf 4.2.2: Jetty 9.3.x?

Posted by jochenw <jo...@googlemail.com>.
Hi JB,

understood - and as expected.

Thanks!

Regards,
Jochen

Re: Karaf 4.2.2: Jetty 9.3.x?

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
By the way, you can always create your own custom distro, with modified
or downgraded pax-web, but that could be tricky in term of dependencies,
features, and so on.

Regards
JB

On 06/02/2019 07:07, jochenw wrote:
> Hello,
>
> in our application, we currently cannot upgrade to Jetty 9.4 (using Vaadin
> 7.x, which only works with Jetty 9.3 due to some change in the push library
> for Jetty 9.4 - and upgrade to Vaadin >7 is currently not an option).
>
> Karaf 4.2.2 has a dependency on pax-web 7.2 (org.apache.karaf.web.core),
> which only works with Jetty 9.4 due to a change in the Jetty server
> (HandlerCollection constructor).
>
> Is there a way to still make Jetty 9.3 run on Karaf 4.2.x using pax-web?
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Jochen

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Karaf 4.2.2: Jetty 9.3.x?

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

No, as pax-web is tight internally to dependent web container (jetty,
tomcat, undertow)..

If you can't update, you have to stay with Karaf 4.1.x waiting to update.

Regards
JB

On 06/02/2019 07:07, jochenw wrote:
> Hello,
>
> in our application, we currently cannot upgrade to Jetty 9.4 (using Vaadin
> 7.x, which only works with Jetty 9.3 due to some change in the push library
> for Jetty 9.4 - and upgrade to Vaadin >7 is currently not an option).
>
> Karaf 4.2.2 has a dependency on pax-web 7.2 (org.apache.karaf.web.core),
> which only works with Jetty 9.4 due to a change in the Jetty server
> (HandlerCollection constructor).
>
> Is there a way to still make Jetty 9.3 run on Karaf 4.2.x using pax-web?
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Jochen

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org