Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Sam Carleton <sc...@miltonstreet.com> on 2008/07/04 14:55:21 UTC

Help needed: repository is fubared!

Ok, there is something wrong with my repository and I need some help
to fix it.  I am doing EVERYTHING on the Windows Server with
subversion 1.4.6:

1: Start in a temp directory and check out the truck:

D:\temp > svn checkout https://svn.domain.com/repos/project/trunk
A    trunk\Promenade\ImageRequest.cpp
A    trunk\Promenade\Lock.h
svn: In directory 'trunk\Promenade'
svn: Can't copy
'trunk\Promenade\.svn\tmp\text-base\mod_promenade.cpp.svn-base' to
'trunk\Promenade\.svn\tmp\mod_promenade.cpp.tmp.tmp': No error

2: Then I tried to go in and clean the Promenade folder:

D:\temp\trunk\Promenade>svn cleanup
svn: In directory '.'
svn: Error processing command 'modify-wcprop' in '.'
svn: 'LicenseInfo.cpp' is not under version control

3: Then I discovered this on the FAQ: svn cleanup working-copy, and I
get the error:

svn: 'working-copy' does not exist

What is very strange is the status of LicenseInfo.cpp is '?', but it
DOES get extracted from the repository into the Promenade directory.

How do I fix this?

Sam

Re: Help needed: repository is fubared!

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Jul 4, 2008, at 11:04, Sam Carleton wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 4, 2008 at 11:21 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> On Jul 4, 2008, at 09:55, Sam Carleton wrote:
>>
>>> 1: Start in a temp directory and check out the truck:
>>>
>>> D:\temp > svn checkout https://svn.domain.com/repos/project/trunk
>>> A    trunk\Promenade\ImageRequest.cpp
>>> A    trunk\Promenade\Lock.h
>>> svn: In directory 'trunk\Promenade'
>>> svn: Can't copy
>>> 'trunk\Promenade\.svn\tmp\text-base\mod_promenade.cpp.svn-base' to
>>> 'trunk\Promenade\.svn\tmp\mod_promenade.cpp.tmp.tmp': No error
>>
>> Is there an on-access virus scanner running? If so, turn it off,
>> or tell it
>> not to scan your working copies.
>
> My server does not have any virus scanning software running.  I am
> having the same problem on the workstation, where I am using
> TortoiseSVN as the client.  I have upgraded TortoiseSVN to v1.5.0, but
> I have had this problem before upgrading the client.

Then maybe there is a case conflict? Two files in this repository
directory whose names differ only in case? e.g. mod_promenade.cpp and
Mod_Promenade.cpp? Use "svn ls URL" (where URL is the repository URL
to the Promenade directory) to see if this is the problem.

Re: Help needed: repository is fubared!

Posted by Sam Carleton <sc...@miltonstreet.com>.

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Jul 4, 2008, at 09:55, Sam Carleton wrote:

> Ok, there is something wrong with my repository and I need some help
> to fix it.  I am doing EVERYTHING on the Windows Server with
> subversion 1.4.6:
>
> 1: Start in a temp directory and check out the truck:
>
> D:\temp > svn checkout https://svn.domain.com/repos/project/trunk
> A    trunk\Promenade\ImageRequest.cpp
> A    trunk\Promenade\Lock.h
> svn: In directory 'trunk\Promenade'
> svn: Can't copy
> 'trunk\Promenade\.svn\tmp\text-base\mod_promenade.cpp.svn-base' to
> 'trunk\Promenade\.svn\tmp\mod_promenade.cpp.tmp.tmp': No error

Is there an on-access virus scanner running? If so, turn it off, or
tell it not to scan your working copies.

> 2: Then I tried to go in and clean the Promenade folder:
>
> D:\temp\trunk\Promenade>svn cleanup
> svn: In directory '.'
> svn: Error processing command 'modify-wcprop' in '.'
> svn: 'LicenseInfo.cpp' is not under version control
>
> 3: Then I discovered this on the FAQ: svn cleanup working-copy, and I
> get the error:
>
> svn: 'working-copy' does not exist

"working-copy" is a placeholder; you're meant to replace it with the
actual location of your working copy.

> What is very strange is the status of LicenseInfo.cpp is '?', but it
> DOES get extracted from the repository into the Promenade directory.

Probably an artifact of the first problem.