Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org> on 2022/09/01 14:54:55 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Jena 4.6.1 RC1

Hi,

Here is a vote on the release of Apache Jena 4.6.1
This is a bugfix release for GH-1499.
This is the first release candidate.

The deadline is

     Monday, 5th September 2022 at 12:00 UTC

Please vote to approve this release:

         [ ] +1 Approve the release
         [ ]  0 Don't care
         [ ] -1 Don't release, because ...

==== Items in this release

Fix for TDB2 issue causing Fuseki to stop working after
64K requests.

   https://github.com/apache/jena/issues/1499

==== Release Vote

Everyone, not just committers, is invited to test and vote.
Please download and test the proposed release.

Staging repository:
   https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachejena-1054

Proposed dist/ area:
   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/jena/

Keys:
   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jena/dist/KEYS

Git commit (browser URL): 05e57c0305
   https://github.com/apache/jena/commit/05e57c0305

Git Commit Hash:
   05e57c0305310befe6afa780edb9f0b23aae6b66

Git Commit Tag:
   jena-4.6.1

This vote will be open until at least

     Monday, 5th September 2022 at 12:00 UTC

If you expect to check the release but the time limit does not work
for you, please email within the schedule above.

     Thanks,

      Andy

Checking:

+ are the GPG signatures fine?
+ are the checksums correct?
+ is there a source archive?
+ can the source archive be built?
           (NB This requires a "mvn install" first time)
+ is there a correct LICENSE and NOTICE file in each artifact
           (both source and binary artifacts)?
+ does the NOTICE file contain all necessary attributions?
+ have any licenses of dependencies changed due to upgrades?
            if so have LICENSE and NOTICE been upgraded appropriately?
+ does the tag/commit in the SCM contain reproducible sources?

Re: [VOTE] Apache Jena 4.6.1 RC1

Posted by "rvesse@dotnetrdf.org" <rv...@dotnetrdf.org>.
+1 Binding

Cheers,

Rob

From: Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>
Date: Tuesday, 6 September 2022 at 08:17
To: dev@jena.apache.org <de...@jena.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Apache Jena 4.6.1 RC1
Could we get another PMC vote please?

     Andy

Re: [VOTE] Apache Jena 4.6.1 RC1

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

Re: [] [] Apache Jena 4.6.1 RC1

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
The Fuseki war file isn't properly copied to dist/jena/binaries/

Some bug in the script that builds the area, not the war file contents.
It was missing at 4.6.0 as well.

I'll fix it up - it was built and signed properly in the building of the
release and is in the ASF "releases" maven repo.

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/releases/org/apache/jena/jena-fuseki-war/4.6.1/

     Andy

[RESULT] [VOTE] Apache Jena 4.6.1 RC1

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.