Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Saishrinivas Polishetti <p....@gmail.com> on 2017/09/05 09:44:57 UTC

Set Timeout for remote repository for karaf 4.0.5

Hi

We are using apache karaf 4.0.5, we are adding as well as installing all
the features remotely i.e using maven nexus repository.
while installation of features is going on if network is down, then it
should retry for the configured time (3 or 4 mins) and fail. These case is
not happening currently.
Is there any way to configure for Timeout for remote repository.

Can anybody help ?

Regards
Sai

Re: Set Timeout for remote repository for karaf 4.0.5

Posted by Hari Madhavan <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

Adding more information to get ideas from the group. We are using Karaf
4.0.5 ( which uses aether 2.4.7 ) and have implemented a bundle that
automates installation/upgrade of the application software.

This works fine generally however when we have a network failure while
downloading a bundle, the process  halts there ( until karaf client drops
off because of SSH timeout ) . We were looking for a timeout feature that
would allow us to handle the exception and abort the installation/upgrade.

We tried the timeout property in org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.cfg but that did not
work for this case. We notice there are separate connection and read
timeout in aether 2.5.0 but that does not seem to compatible to karaf
version we are using.

Any suggestions would welcome.

Thanks
Hari