Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by robert lazarski <ro...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/16 06:36:57 UTC

Spring support commited

Hi all,

Spring support is in svn. I created a how-to under /xdocs/latest/spring.html
. One implementation issue: Since spring uses the TCCL, the web service /
spring bean can't be in an AAR. Other than that, it's working for me. I'm
just putting the axis2-spring.jar in the std distro for now. I decided to
implement all the receivers, get them working, and then if possible refactor
them with some feedback.

TODO:

1) Refactor spring receivers to somehow forward calls the normal receivers,
not just copy their code. I'd appreciated some ideas here. The issue is
since the top abstract class overrides makeNewServiceObject() , all the
classes below must be Spring extends and have their own implementation. I
couldn't get forwarding / wrapping to work, as there is state between the
method calls.

2) Write tests. This depends on #1. If it stays this way I suppose I could
just copy the receivers tests.

3) Databinding. I'm pretty sure that since (at least xmlbeans) the codegen
results have 'extends AbstractInOutSyncMessageReceiver'  , doing a hand edit
to extends 'SpringAbstractInOutSyncMessageReceiver' would work. Will test
soon. Maybe an optional wsdl2java flag?

Comments?
Robert
http://www.braziloutsource.com/