Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Stevens, Brigham" <Br...@wamu.net> on 2002/08/05 19:53:06 UTC

Ant/XML Mode for emacs?

I have a basic XML mode that does not work very well (indent is all
wrong, but much better than nothing)...
I would really like an ANT mode! Can anyone point me in the right
direction.

I am using emacs 21.1.1 on Windows XP with Ant 1.5.

Re: Ant/XML Mode for emacs?

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.
Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.
> The answer to "Im having a problem configuring my cell phone" is not "Use
> 1929 two piece phone with a rotary dialer" :)

no, its get rid of the crufty motorola or sprint own brand thingy and get
something that says nokia on it:-)

RE: Ant/XML Mode for emacs?

Posted by Gene De Lisa <ge...@rockhoppertech.com>.
The answer to "Im having a problem configuring my cell phone" is not "Use a

Re: Ant/XML Mode for emacs?

Posted by Stefan Kost <s....@webmacher.de>.
Am Mon, 2002-08-05 um 19.53 schrieb Stevens, Brigham:
> I have a basic XML mode that does not work very well (indent is all
> wrong, but much better than nothing)...
> I would really like an ANT mode! Can anyone point me in the right
> direction.
>
> I am using emacs 21.1.1 on Windows XP with Ant 1.5.
use jEdit (www.jedit.org), it's much bwewtter in manny things already
and it is developing wonderfully. And yes, its a java-based editor, so I
run it under Solaris, Linux, Windows (if I need to).

Stefan
--

 < W E B M A C H E R >
EDV+INTERNETSERVICE GMBH

POST: August Bebel Str. 69
      04275 Leipzig

FON:  +49 341 30 34 833
FAX:  +49 341 30 34 840
WEB:  www.webmacher.de

RE: Ant/XML Mode for emacs?

Posted by Gene De Lisa <ge...@rockhoppertech.com>.
I use psgml mode and it mostly works ok. I say mostly since you really need
project.dtd to gain the full benefits of psgml mode. antstructure sort of
does it. It would be nice if there were an official dtd. (I hear the "what
about custom tasks?" question coming. What does that have to do with the
"core" and "standard optional" tasks?. You simply add them)

What "basic xml mode" are you using? GNU emacs or XEmacs?