Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Acadaca <ph...@acadaca.com> on 2010/02/10 02:08:19 UTC

"after flush: fdx size mismatch" on query durring writes

We are using Solr 1.4 in a multi-core setup with replication.

Whenever we write to the master we get the following exception:

java.lang.RuntimeException: after flush: fdx size mismatch: 1285 docs vs 0
length in bytes of _gqg.fdx file exists?=false
at
org.apache.lucene.index.StoredFieldsWriter.closeDocStore(StoredFieldsWriter.java:97)
at
org.apache.lucene.index.DocFieldProcessor.closeDocStore(DocFieldProcessor.java:50)

Has anyone had any success debugging this one?

thx.

Re: "after flush: fdx size mismatch" on query durring writes

Posted by Acadaca <ph...@acadaca.com>.
Thanks for the help!

Yes, we are doing a commit following the update. We will try
IndexWriter.setInfoStream

Below are our the environments we are testing on:

Ubuntu Hardy, Kernel 2.6.16-xenU i386
Amazon EC2, US East Region
Embedded Jetty
Java 1.6.0_16
Solr 1.4

Server B

Ubuntu Hardy, Kernel 2.6.16-xenU i386
Apache Tomcat 6.0.24
Java 1.6.0_07
Solr 1.4

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.
We need more information. How big is the index in disk space? How many
documents? How many fields? What's the schema? What OS? What Java
version?

Do you run this on a local hard disk or is it over an NFS mount?

Does this software commit before shutting down?

If you run with asserts on do you get errors before this happens.
    -ea:org.apache.lucene... as a JVM argument

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 5:08 PM, Acadaca <ph...@acadaca.com> wrote:

> We are using Solr 1.4 in a multi-core setup with replication.
>
> Whenever we write to the master we get the following exception:
>
> java.lang.RuntimeException: after flush: fdx size mismatch: 1285 docs vs 0
> length in bytes of _gqg.fdx file exists?=false
> at
> org.apache.lucene.index.StoredFieldsWriter.closeDocStore(StoredFieldsWriter.java:97)
> at
> org.apache.lucene.index.DocFieldProcessor.closeDocStore(DocFieldProcessor.java:50)
>
> Has anyone had any success debugging this one?
>
> thx.

Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com