Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com> on 2005/01/14 14:11:11 UTC

more benchmark results

Per Remy's request, I ran some more tests last night with larger
number of threads. the configuration of the test plan is as follows

1K png: 10, 50, 100, 150 threads
10K png: 10, 50, 100, 150 threads

each thread as was to 1000 iterations.
ramp up times: 1, 5, 10, 20 seconds

Server:
Redhat fedora Core1
AMD 2ghz
1Gb RAM
tomcat 5.0.19
Sun jdk1.4.2_03

Client:
gateway 450 laptop
1.4ghz centrino
1Gb RAM
jmeter nightly build
sun jdk1.4.2

I plan to re-run these tests with the latest 5.0.x release this
weekend and per Remy's request I will also test 5.5.4 with jdk5 for
comparison.

peter

1K
protocol | samples | average | median | 90% line | min | max | error%
| throughput | Kb/sec
HTTP Request	10000	2.8969	0	10	0	571	0.00%	1678.1/sec	1730.58
HTTP Request	50000	6.615	0	20	0	320	0.00%	1399.3/sec	1443.07
HTTP Request	100000	70.106	0	100	0	2674	3.98%	829.9/sec	868.94
HTTP Request	150000	117.443	0	321	0	5428	3.88%	704.5/sec	737.30

10k

Re: more benchmark results

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
Sure, it can't hurt to try it out. Even if the specs are different,
the data point is a good baseline comparison. I'll post the test plans
shortly to my apache directory.

peter

Re: more benchmark results

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
for those who want to look at the test plans or assist, I've posted
the jmeter test plans

http://cvs.apache.org/~woolfel/testplans.zip

Re: more benchmark results

Posted by Didier McGillis <co...@hotmail.com>.
I run FC3, FC2, RH9 and soon will have Debain install going, I would be
happy to help or whatever.

Re: more benchmark results

Posted by "Sessoms, Mack" <za...@cdc.gov>.

Re: more benchmark results

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.

Re: more benchmark results

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@gmail.com>.

Re: more benchmark results

Posted by Larry Meadors <la...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 09:07:37 -0500, Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> what a concept Schnapps over speed. Wonder what would happen if
> someone made a redbull + Schnapps + speed cocktail 8-)

Use it to chase the diet pills and nodoz, and you may never sleep again. :-)

Re: more benchmark results

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
what a concept Schnapps over speed. Wonder what would happen if
someone made a redbull + Schnapps + speed cocktail 8-)

that wouldn't kill you, really.

I'll stop the jokes there.

peter

Re: more benchmark results

Posted by Mladen Turk <ml...@jboss.com>.

Re: more benchmark results

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
yeah, I've d/l 2.0.52 and plan on running a test. Graham O'Regan is
also going to run the tests again Squid for comparison too.

Re: more benchmark results

Posted by Mladen Turk <ml...@jboss.com>.

Re: more benchmark results

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
Yup, I plan to try jdk5 with TC5.5.4 per Remy's request.

once I get that out of the way, I plan to work on the enhancements to
the status servlet. I took a quick look at apr-java, looks cool. No
comments yet, but I will post them to tomcat-dev when I do :)

peter

Re: more benchmark results

Posted by Mladen Turk <ml...@jboss.com>.