Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Clay McDonald <st...@bateswhite.com> on 2014/04/20 13:12:42 UTC

Stuck Job - how should I troubleshoot?

Hello all. Please see the attached screenshot. I have a job that is stuck. I've looked in logs but don't see anything that jumps out at me. How should I trouble shoot this? Thanks, Clay

Re: Stuck Job - how should I troubleshoot?

Posted by Shumin Guo <gs...@gmail.com>.
As the last map task is in pending state, it is possible that some issue is
happening within your cluster, for example, not enough memory, deadlock,
data problem etc. You can kill this map task manually, and see if the
problem can be solved.

Posted by Shumin Guo <gs...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shumin Guo <gs...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shumin Guo <gs...@gmail.com>.