Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Roel van Dijk <ro...@forest-fields.nl> on 2005/04/07 13:52:09 UTC

evenSubmit question

I'm using the eventSubmit mechanism to call functions in the portlet from
the HTML. For example:
  <input type="submit" value="Edit" name="eventSubmit_doEdit">

and in my code:
  public void doEdit( RunData rundata, Portlet portlet ) throws Exception
{ }

This works fine.

However, when I do this:
  <input type="submit" value="Edit" name="eventSubmit_doEditCommit">

The following function is NOT being called:
  public void doEditCommit( RunData rundata, Portlet portlet ) throws
Exception { }

This is probably due to the capital 'C' of Commit? (I tried inserting an
underscore, but to no avail) Is there any proper documentation about the
eventSubmit mechanism? I couldn't find anything with Google..

Roel

RE: evenSubmit question

Posted by Roel van Dijk <ro...@forest-fields.nl>.
Thanks for the link, it is clearly described there. It works fine now with
all lower case characters.

Roel

Re: evenSubmit question

Posted by Hema Menon <me...@gmail.com>.
It is related to the action handling in Turbine. The documentation is
available here
http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/turbine/turbine-2.3/howto/action-event-howto.html

HTH,
Hema