Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by Bettina Reck <Be...@gmx.de> on 2005/02/15 10:17:26 UTC

Problems with integrating ICU support

Dear all,

I would like to use the ICU support as I am using the format-number()
function in my stylesheets. I downloaded and installed ICU successfully
(version 2.6.1 which is recommended for Xalan 1.8) but I am not sure whether
I have to rebuild Xalan or not - at least the doc isn't clear to me in this
point.
I also could not figure out how to install the ICU support. Do I have to
implement an interface of the 'FunctionICUFormatNumberInstaller'? In Xalan
1.8 there is no such class (I only found a header named
ICUFormatNumberFunctor.hpp).

Thanks for any help,

Bettina Reck

--
DSL Komplett von GMX +++ Superg�nstig und stressfrei einsteigen!
AKTION "Kein Einrichtungspreis" nutzen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl

Re: Problems with integrating ICU support

Posted by Dmitry Hayes <dm...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi Bettina!
The 'pkgdata.exe' is a program from ICU package, that  we use in the
message library building process.
Usually it's located in the icu/bin directory.
In your case the program should look in <Files\ICU-2.6.1\icu\bin>
directory.
My guess would be that your ICUROOT points to the wrong directory.
Thanks,
Dmitry Hayes
XSLT  Development
IBM Toronto Lab
Phone:  905-413-3820
E-mail:  dmitryh@ca.ibm.com

"Bettina Reck" <Be...@gmx.de>
02/17/2005 03:51 AM
Please respond to
xalan-c-users

xalan-c-users@xml.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: Problems with integrating ICU support

Hi Matt,

thanks for the reply. I followed the build instructions but I got the
following error report:

"Error opening <Files\ICU-2.6.1\icu>.
error loading input file lists: U_FILE_ACCESS_ERROR
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'pkgdata.exe' : Rueckgabe-Code '0x2'
Stop."

I am using Xalan 1.8 and installed the recommended version of ICU 2.6.1 in
the above mentioned directory (ICU-2.6.1).

Any ideas?

Thanks, Bettina

Posted by Bettina Reck <Be...@gmx.de>.
Hi Matt,