Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by HeJam <ta...@hotmail.com> on 2010/04/22 13:40:51 UTC

Do the @QueryParam("") in Parameter beans of REST support the Object that contains List attribute‏

Hi All,

Do any one knows how to construct the URL of REST server when one of the parameters is List. It just like the example of 'Parameter beans' of JAX-RS (JSR-311), says: > /getPerson?sex=M&legalName.first=John&legalName.last=Doe&homeAddr.city=Reno&homeAddr.state=NV. But what's the url should be if the first of legalName is a list( List<String>).

For the Jax-RS(JSR-311) document that mentioned, please refer to http://cxf.apache.org/docs/jax-rs.html#JAX-RS-Parameterbeans

Any helps will be really appreciated.

Thanks!
Jam
约会说不清地方?来试试微软地图最新msn互动功能!
http://ditu.live.com/?form=TL&swm=1

END: Do the @QueryParam("") in Parameter beans of REST support the Object that contains List attribute‏

Posted by HeJam <ta...@hotmail.com>.

 Hi Sergey,

Thanks a lot for your answers, it helps a lot.

According to your answer, I get the reason why the previous didn't work. Actually, I got another SOAP project beyond this REST project, and I use the POJOs of the SOAP that generate by using wsdl2java function of CXF. As you may notice, the CXF doesn't generate set*() methods for the java.util.List Object. So when I construct URL and try to connect to the REST server, the List attribute is always 'null', but this can be resolved if you manually add the set*() method into the POJO.

Thanks!

Jam

Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 14:23:40 +0100
Subject: Re: Do the @QueryParam("") in Parameter beans of REST support the Object that contains List attribute‏
From: sberyozkin@gmail.com
To: users@cxf.apache.org
CC: tang_haih@hotmail.com

Hi

Redirecting to the users list. The lists should be supported.

legalName.first means that a top level bean has a legalName property, but this is a complex property, representing a nested bean, say Name which has two properties, 'first'  and 'last'.

what exactly you're trying to do ? I think if a property such as 'name' is a List then doing ?name=bar&name=foo
should ensure a List 'name' will have 2 values

cheers, Sergey

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 12:40 PM, HeJam <ta...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi All,

Do any one knows how to construct the URL of REST server when one of the parameters is List. It just like the example of 'Parameter beans' of JAX-RS (JSR-311), says: > /getPerson?sex=M&legalName.first=John&legalName.last=Doe&homeAddr.city=Reno&homeAddr.state=NV. But what's the url should be if the first of legalName is a list( List<String>).

For the Jax-RS(JSR-311) document that mentioned, please refer to http://cxf.apache.org/docs/jax-rs.html#JAX-RS-Parameterbeans

Any helps will be really appreciated.

Thanks!
Jam
约会说不清地方?来试试微软地图最新msn互动功能!
http://ditu.live.com/?form=TL&swm=1

一张照片的自白——Windows Live照片的可爱视频介绍
http://windowslivesky.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!5892B6048E2498BD!889.entry

Re: Do the @QueryParam("") in Parameter beans of REST support the Object that contains List attribute‏

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Redirecting to the users list. The lists should be supported.

legalName.first means that a top level bean has a legalName property, but
this is a complex property, representing a nested bean, say Name which has
two properties, 'first'  and 'last'.

what exactly you're trying to do ? I think if a property such as 'name' is a
List then doing ?name=bar&name=foo