Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Christine Q." <Be...@gmx.net> on 2002/10/24 15:00:24 UTC

setTemplate / JspPortletAction

Hi all,

I have a question about how to use the setTemplate method in
JspPortletAction / JspAction. My intention is to redirect to another jsp
page after passing the doSomething method.
For Example a user has clicked the submit button in a form. First the
relating "do" method is called, which manipulates the passed data. After
that I want to redirect to another jsp file. This file shall inform the
user what has been made with the data. This jsp file shall be placed in
the portal page where the jsp file with the form has been before.

Ciao Christine

Can't run JetSpeed in Websphere if jsp is set as default

Posted by Heru Sunandar <he...@telkom.net>.
I get an error if I set template extension is jSP:
  likethis : services.JspService.template.extension=jsp

It's work if I set template extension is vm (velocity);
I suspect the error because Websphere didn't recognize the
path :
  /WEB-INF/templates/jsp/navigations//html/en/top.jsp
I think it's because double / (//) before html.

PLease Help ME

THanx

error log:

JSPG0113E: JSP file
"/WEB-INF/templates/jsp/navigations//html/en/top.jsp" not
found
Error Message: JSPG0113E: JSP file
"/WEB-INF/templates/jsp/navigations//html/en/top.jsp" not
found
Error Code: 404
Target Servlet: JSP 1.1 Processor
Error Stack:
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebAppErrorReport:
JSPG0113E: JSP file
"/WEB-INF/templates/jsp/navigations//html/en/left.jsp" not
found

AW: setTemplate / JspPortletAction

Posted by "Christine Q." <Be...@gmx.net>.
Ok it work.

Thankx a lot...

Ciao Christine

Posted by Mark Orciuch <ma...@ngsltd.com>.
Christine,

I misunderstood your intention. I guess rather than redirecting you want to
provide some sort of completion message, right? Then, after completing the
action, use rundata.setMessage() method to provide a message. In your .jsp
template, use rundata.getMessage() to retrieve it and display it:

<%
  String message = ((RunData) request.getAttribute("rundata")).getMessage();
  if (message != null) {
%>
<%
  }