Posted to user@avro.apache.org by Akram <ak...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/09 05:50:03 UTC

Re: How to use Apache Avro to encode the data and write it to a hashmap?

Can anyone help me on this? Any idea what can be done in this case?
A simple example basis on my code will help me to understand better...

Re: How to use Apache Avro to encode the data and write it to a hashmap?

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Akram,
I hope this helps... let me know

When we put() [0] data in to Cassandra via Gora we first push into a
Collections.synchronizedMap(new LinkedHashMap<K, T>()) which acts as a
buffer for fields pending to be stored.
You can also refer to flush() method which itself calls addOrUpdate [1].
This is all Avro-based and hopefully there is something which will help you
out.
Lewis

0]
https://github.com/apache/gora/blob/trunk/gora-cassandra/src/main/java/org/apache/gora/cassandra/store/CassandraStore.java#L405
[1]
https://github.com/apache/gora/blob/trunk/gora-cassandra/src/main/java/org/apache/gora/cassandra/store/CassandraStore.java#L484

On Thu, May 8, 2014 at 8:50 PM, Akram <ak...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Can anyone help me on this? Any idea what can be done in this case?
> A simple example basis on my code will help me to understand better...

*Lewis*