Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> on 2010/01/13 21:28:38 UTC

Welcome Benson Marguiles as Mahout Committer

The Lucene PMC is pleased to welcome the addition of Benson Marguiles as a committer on Mahout.  I hope you'll join me in offering Benson a warm welcome.

Benson, Lucene tradition is that new committers provide a little bit of a background about who they are, so feel free to step up and do so.

Cheers,
Grant

Re: Welcome Benson Marguiles as Mahout Committer

Posted by David Stuart <da...@progressivealliance.co.uk>.
Congrats,

Something to aspire to

Posted by Jake Mannix <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jake Mannix <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dawid Weiss <da...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations, Benson!
D.

Posted by Robin Anil <ro...@gmail.com>.
Welcome Benson!

Re: Welcome Benson Marguiles as Mahout Committer

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
that paper's new to me.

Our work combines Miller&Guinness on perceptrons and entities with
Cramer on passive agressive, plus some secret sauce. I'm not in a
position to open source it just now, but that may change.

Posted by Olivier Grisel <ol...@ensta.org>.

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
Ah, well, a longer story.

We sell segmenters lemmatizers that plug into Lucene. Until recently,
JNI all the way down. We've delivered a new version to a customer that
does some European languages entirely in Java, and we expect to be
able to do this for many more languages this year.

Posted by Jason Rutherglen <ja...@gmail.com>.
Congrats Benson!

Posted by deneche abdelhakim <ad...@gmail.com>.
Welcome =D

Posted by Drew Farris <dr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Isabel Drost <is...@apache.org>.
On Wed Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> wrote:
> The Lucene PMC is pleased to welcome the addition of Benson Marguiles
> as a committer on Mahout.

Welcome Benson - thanks to all the great work you have done so far for
the mahout-math stuff. Looking forward to working together with you.

Isabel

Re: Welcome Benson Marguiles as Mahout Committer

Posted by Dawid Weiss <da...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations, Benson!