Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Vladi Feigin <vl...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/04 20:51:38 UTC

Very high memory usage in one worker process

Hi,

Recently we observed very strange Storm behavior :
We had only one worker process, among dozens with very high memory usage (a
few gigs). We understand that this is not Java objects , since our heap
size is only 1G. We don't use field grouping in this topology so this is
not a hot spot.
Does someone had problems like that? How can we investigate the cause?

We use Storm version 0.82
Thank you in advance,
Vladi

Re: Very high memory usage in one worker process

Posted by padma priya chitturi <pa...@gmail.com>.
I guess using jsonsole or using some profiling mechanism try to identify
which part of processing in the worker is consuming more memory ...

Posted by Vladi Feigin <vl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by padma priya chitturi <pa...@gmail.com>.