Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by jo...@eclipsecat.com, jo...@eclipsecat.com on 2018/06/14 00:05:02 UTC

Need help with oshop bootstrap e-commerce plugin

Hi,

I am trying to evaluate and learn to develop with Apache OFBiz.  I am completely new to all of this!  I just started looking at this today.

As I was exploring the default e-commerce plugin, I found that the UI is very dated and they have not released themes for it other than the default. Then, I found https://github.com/ORRTIZ/ecbootstrap. This appears to be modern plugin I could use instead, which I was quite excited to see. But, when I try to use it, I'm encountering bugs. For some reason, gradlew blows up with errors about reading XML data in that project.

I'm using the latest OFBiz source, and Java JDK. This plugin is a couple of years old, so I figure there is some incompatibility.

I may well be doing any number of things wrong in my attempt to implement this.  Could someone with experience please test this out and see if it works?  Then, maybe we could explore what I'm doing wrong?

Re: Need help with oshop bootstrap e-commerce plugin

Posted by jo...@eclipsecat.com, jo...@eclipsecat.com.
Thanks for responding.

I understand that this is not an official component.  I would still like to figure out how to get this working if possible.  Since it worked in v15, it can't be too far gone can it?

If this thing works as advertised (as a bootstrap e-commence plug-in) perhaps it could become part of the official project? It seems there is a need for such.

The implementation instructions are very minimal.  So, the solution does not seem to be in just reading that.

After commenting out a few lines in the XML bundled with the project (which pertained to security settings), I managed to get OFBiz to start.  It no longer crashed the whole framework.  But now, this app still fails to load.  I throws some other Java exceptions.

If there is someone who is well versed in this framework, who could give this a look, it would probably save me a great deal of aggravation.

Re: Need help with oshop bootstrap e-commerce plugin

Posted by Aditya Sharma <ad...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Hi Jonathan,

The link you shared is not official Apache OFBiz plugin.

Just for your help.

Go through links in "How to implement". It is compatible with 15.x

Thanks and Regards,

*Aditya Sharma* | Enterprise Software Engineer
HotWax Commerce <http://www.hotwax.co/> by HotWax Systems
<http://www.hotwaxsystems.com/>

<https://www.linkedin.com/in/aditya-sharma-78291810a/>