Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Siddharth Wagle <sw...@hortonworks.com> on 2014/07/26 05:50:56 UTC

Re: Issue while installing Ambari Clusters

Hi Max,

Can you edit bootstrap.py and set DEBUG = False to DEBUG = True and retry.

This will give you the scp command that is failing and you can actually run
it manually to see what is the actual error.

Best Regards,
Sid

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Issue while installing Ambari Clusters

Posted by Maximilian Arruda <ma...@vectorx.com.br>.
Sid really thank you !!! It's working now !!!

I was using the public key instead of the private key. lol !!

Sorry to bother you !!!!

Thank you so much !!!

Posted by Siddharth Wagle <sw...@hortonworks.com>.
It seems the private key provided in UI for the bootstrap is incorrect.

Are you able to use the same key and SSH into the host running the agent ?

-Sid

On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 11:42 AM, Maximilian Arruda <
max.arruda@vectorx.com.br> wrote:

> Hi Sid,
>
> If this file wasn't created and each time I try to execute the process it
> creates another folder under bootstrap with the subsequencial number, so I
> don't know how I can see the permissions. The permissions on the path
> *"/var/run/ambari-server/**bootstrap"* is *"755"* though.
>
> My ambari server user is the* root*.
>

> *  Maximillian Lara de Arruda*+55 11 99297-7890
> max.arruda@vectorx.com.br
> http://www.vectorx.com.br

> Hi Max,
>>
>> The sshKey is written to a file by the ambari server during bootstrap
>> process.
>>
>> What is the permissions on the file?:
>> /var/run/ambari-server/bootstrap/2/sshKey
>>
>> Also, is the ambari server user different from root?
>>
>> -Sid
>>

>> On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 8:55 AM, Maximilian Arruda <
>> max.arruda@vectorx.com.br> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Sid,
>>>
>>> I have done what you asked me for. Follow the command that was shown:
>>>
>>> ==========================
>>> Copying common functions script...
>>> Running scp command scp -r -o ConnectTimeout=60 -o BatchMode=yes -o
>>> StrictHostKeyChecking=no -i /var/run/ambari-server/bootstrap/2/sshKey
>>> /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_commons
>>> root@slave01.hdp.vectorx.com.br:/tmp
>>> ==========================
>>>
>>> Command start time 2014-07-28 12:44:41
>>>
>>> Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic,password).
>>> lost connection
>>> scp /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_commons
>>> host=slave01.hdp.vectorx.com.br, exitcode=1
>>> Command end time 2014-07-28 12:44:41
>>>
>>> ERROR: Bootstrap of host slave01.hdp.vectorx.com.br fails because
>>> previous action finished with non-zero exit code (1)
>>>  ERROR MESSAGE: Permission denied
>>> (publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic,password).
>>> lost connection
>>>
>>> STDOUT:
>>> Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic,password).
>>> lost connection
>>>
>>> I have tried to execute on console the command, and appeared the follow
>>> warning :
>>>
>>> [root@master ~]# scp -r -o ConnectTimeout=60 -o BatchMode=yes -o
>>> StrictHostKeyChecking=no -i /var/run/ambari-server/bootstrap/2/sshKey
>>> /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_commons
>>> root@slave01.hdp.vectorx.com.br:/tmp
>>> Warning: Identity file /var/run/ambari-server/bootstrap/2/sshKey not
>>> accessible: No such file or directory.
>>> os_check.py                                   100% 5841     5.7KB/s
>>> 00:00
>>> __init__.py                                   100%  885     0.9KB/s
>>> 00:00
>>> os_check.pyc                                  100% 6827     6.7KB/s
>>> 00:00
>>> __init__.pyc                                  100% 1060     1.0KB/s

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Issue while installing Ambari Clusters

Posted by Maximilian Arruda <ma...@vectorx.com.br>.
Hi Sid,

Posted by Siddharth Wagle <sw...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Max,

> [...]

>>> host=slave03.hdp.vectorx.com.br, exitcode=1
>>> Command end time 2014-07-25 20:11:21
>>>
>>> ERROR: Bootstrap of host slave03.hdp.vectorx.com.br fails because
>>> previous action finished with non-zero exit code (1)
>>> ERROR MESSAGE: Permission denied
>>> (publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic,password).
>>> lost connection
>>>
>>> STDOUT:
>>> Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic,password).
>>> lost connection
>>>
>>> We've been trying to follow lots of examples we found on the internet
>>> but any of then had worked.
>>>
>>> All ssh configuration are ok and I can log in without password from the
>>> master server into any of the slaves ones. We have one master and 3 slaves
>>> for testing.
>>>
>>> Hope you can help me on this issue.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>

>>> *  Maximillian Lara de Arruda*+55 11 99297-7890

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE