Posted to community@apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2004/10/06 16:02:18 UTC

Can we please disable the Wiki on Nagoya?

Hi,

a quick look at
<http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?RecentChanges> should
tell you why.

During the past weeks there have been at most four or five real
content edits per week.  At the same time our Wiki has attracted an
asian spammer that seems to be switching IP addresses so that blocking
probably won't work (at least I failed to see a system).

There still seem to be a few projects that use this Wiki instance
instead of wiki.apache.org, namely Axis, XML general, Pluto and maybe
FOP.

I hope that some people of those projects are subscribed here.  Please
ask for your own Wiki instance (with access control and commit mails)
and let's turn off that unmaintained thing.

Stefan

Re: Can we please disable the Wiki on Nagoya?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 6 Oct 2004, Noel J. Bergman <no...@devtech.com> wrote:

> We've discussed this on infrastructure before.

I thought so.  But since there are still projects using the old
instance I wanted to raise it here as well.

> Someone (probably Leo) will need to be ready to do a final
> conversion of the data, and then we can redirect the wiki from
> nagoya to wiki.apache.org/old.

Great, hope he'll find the time soon.

Cheers

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
We've discussed this on infrastructure before.  Someone (probably Leo) will
need to be ready to do a final conversion of the data, and then we can
redirect the wiki from nagoya to wiki.apache.org/old.

Anyone with apsite karma can create a new wiki in the farm, so it is
relatively easy for projects to have a wiki, and there are folks on
infrastructure@ who can help.

	--- Noel