Posted to commits@xerces.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2009/06/03 08:17:38 UTC

[Xerces Wiki] Update of "XML Schema 1.1 Assertions" by assertions

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Xerces Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by assertions:
http://wiki.apache.org/xerces/XML_Schema_1%2e1_Assertions

   1. If user's wish to use an XPath 2.0 engine other than PsychoPath or Saxon, for working with Xerces-J assertions, they need to write a custom Java layer similar to org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLAssertPsychopathImpl or org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLAssertSaxonImpl. Xerces-J would publish an API, to integrate to any available standard compliant XPath 2.0 engines.

-  1. Xerces-J flags error messages during assertions processing, as recommended by the XML Schema 1.1 specification. If the user provides a syntactically wrong XPath 2.0 expression, the Schema processing terminates, flagging an error message to the user with key, '''cvc-xpath.3.13.4.2'''. If the XPath 2.0 syntax is correct, but any of the assertions evaluate to "false", the Schema processing terminates, and an error message is shown to the user with key, '''cvc-assertion.3.13.4.1'''.
+  1. Xerces-J flags error messages during assertions processing, as recommended by the XML Schema 1.1 specification. If the user provides a syntactically wrong XPath 2.0 expression, the Schema processing terminates, flagging an error message to the user with key, '''cvc-xpath.3.13.4.2'''. If the XPath 2.0 syntax is correct, but any of the assertions evaluate to "false", the Schema processing terminates, and an error message is shown to the user with key, '''cvc-assertion.3.13.4.1'''.
-
- '''Acknowledgements'''
-
- Along with me, the following people have contributed to implementation of assertions feature in Xerces-J.
-
-  1. ''Khaled Noaman:'' For a detailed review of my work, and pointing numerous improvements to the code.
-  1. ''Michael Glavassevich:'' For helping every now and then, advising on the design issues related to assertions development.
-  1. ''Ken Cai:'' For defining an interface to the XPath 2.0 engine, and writing an implementation along with me for the PsychoPath processor.
-  1. ''Andrea Bittau (and team):'' For developing the PsychoPath XPath 2.0 engine, and donating to Eclipse.
-
- My sincere thanks to all of the above colleagues for making this possible.