Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/19 01:07:25 UTC

mysterious closed streams on MTOM attachments

Using cxf 2.5.2, we suffer from occasional mysterious closed streams
on the client side. The client makes a SOAP call for which the
response includes an attachment. It goes to read out the content from
the response, and every so often, it gets pulled up with a backtrace
like the following. The server has nothing interesting happening. It
is just supplying a DataHandler containing a stream to the data.

Caused by: java.net.SocketException: socket closed
	at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
	at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(Unknown Source)
	at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(Unknown Source)
	at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
	at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTPHeader(Unknown Source)
	at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTP(Unknown Source)
	at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown Source)
	at java.net.HttpURLConnection.getResponseCode(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.cxf.transport.http.HTTPConduit$WrappedOutputStream.handleResponseInternal(HTTPConduit.java:1542)
	at org.apache.cxf.transport.http.HTTPConduit$WrappedOutputStream.handleResponse(HTTPConduit.java:1494)
	at org.apache.cxf.transport.http.HTTPConduit$WrappedOutputStream.close(HTTPConduit.java:1402)
	... 41 more

Re: mysterious closed streams on MTOM attachments

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
I'm suspecting that this is related to a problem I encounted before in
which Jetty went and gc'd connections on the server side too
aggressively.