Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Martin Mauri <mm...@profesi.com.ar> on 2001/03/23 15:37:08 UTC

XSP Error

Hi gurus!

When I try to execute a query within the <esql:query> tag I get the
following error:

org.xml.sax.SAXException: The content of elements must consist of
well-formed character data or markup. [FATAL ERROR] [File:
"file:/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/cocoon/cumple/cumple.xml" Line: 65 Column:
18] (nested exception: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The content of
elements must consist of well-formed character data or markup. )
 at
org.apache.cocoon.parser.AbstractParser.fatalError(AbstractParser.java:105)
 at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.reportError(XMLParser.java:1037)
 at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.reportFatalXMLError(XMLDocume
ntScanner.java:625)
 at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.abortMarkup(XMLDocumentScanne
r.java:679)
 at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner$ContentDispatcher.dispatch(XM
LDocumentScanner.java:1245)
 at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.parseSome(XMLDocumentScanner.
java:380)
 at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:900)
 at org.apache.cocoon.parser.XercesParser.parse(XercesParser.java:85)
 at org.apache.cocoon.parser.AbstractParser.parse(AbstractParser.java:83)
 at
org.apache.cocoon.producer.ProducerFromFile.getDocument(ProducerFromFile.jav
a:78)
 at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Engine.java:359)
 at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:404)
 at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:372)
 at
7)
 at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743)
 at
(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java:166)
 at
 at
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

that's perhaps because of the <> symbols I'm using, but when I remove them
and put them into other part of the same query, the error dissapears!

any help is fully appreciated.

Martin

Lic. Martin O. Mauri
Profesion + Auge A.F.J.P
Parana 666 - Cap. Federal
TE: (011) 4373-7786/7 int: 422
mmauri@profesi.com.ar
www.profesi.com.ar

Re: XSP Error

Posted by Bartlomiej Pater <no...@poland.com>.
Hello Martin,

MM> Hi gurus!

MM> When I try to execute a query within the <esql:query> tag I get the
MM> following error:

MM> org.xml.sax.SAXException: The content of elements must consist of
[blah]

MM> that's perhaps because of the <> symbols I'm using, but when I remove them
MM> and put them into other part of the same query, the error dissapears!

you have to escape symbols like '&' '<' '>' with [respectively] '&amp;'
'&lt;' '&gt;'. this should help.

--
Best regards,
 Bartlomiej                            mailto:nostah@poland.com