Posted to user@vcl.apache.org by Josh Thompson <jo...@ncsu.edu> on 2017/03/01 17:57:13 UTC

anyone using Server Profiles?

Re: anyone using Server Profiles?

Posted by Aaron Coburn <ac...@amherst.edu>.
Hello,

We don't use Server Profiles.

And I am also in favor of removing the separation of reservation types as Andy suggested.

-Aaron Coburn

Posted by Aaron Coburn <ac...@amherst.edu>.
Hello,

Posted by António Aragão <aa...@di.uminho.pt>.
Hi

Posted by Aaron Peeler <aa...@ncsu.edu>.

Posted by Aaron Peeler <aa...@ncsu.edu>.

Posted by Dmitri Chebotarov <dc...@gmu.edu>.
Hi

We don't use 'Server Profiles' @ GMU.

Thank you,
--
Dmitri Chebotarov
ITS/SSG @ GMU
George Mason University,
4400 University Drive,
Fairfax, VA, 22030
MSN 1B5 , [https://goo.gl/maps/w2nCJ6APrHC2]
Phone: (703) 993-6175
GPG Public key# 5E19F14D: [https://goo.gl/SlE8tj]

I agree with removing the separation of normal reservations and server
reservations.  We can just have "reservations" and use permissions to
control what additional things can be done with each reservation.

Josh

On Wednesday, March 08, 2017 4:38:06 PM Andy Kurth wrote:
> +1 for getting rid of this.
>
> On a related note, I'd like to eventually move away from the whole
> "server reservation" concept altogether.  (I think I may have said
> this in the past in a thread or Jira issue.)  A reservation is a
> reservation.  They may have different attributes such as group access,
> indefinite end times, timeouts disabled, etc.  The current design
> which makes a large distinction between server reservations and other
reservations is messy and limiting.

> -Andy
>

> On Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 12:57 PM, Josh Thompson
> <jo...@ncsu.edu>
>
> wrote:
- --
- -------------------------------

my GPG/PGP key can be found at pgp.mit.edu

Posted by YOUNG OH <oh...@gmail.com>.
Vote for getting rid of server reservation and add options for reservations
if necessary.

-Young

Posted by YOUNG OH <oh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dmitri Chebotarov <dc...@gmu.edu>.
Hi

We don't use 'Server Profiles' @ GMU.

Thank you,
--
Dmitri Chebotarov
ITS/SSG @ GMU
George Mason University,
4400 University Drive,
Fairfax, VA, 22030
MSN 1B5 , [https://goo.gl/maps/w2nCJ6APrHC2]
Phone: (703) 993-6175
GPG Public key# 5E19F14D: [https://goo.gl/SlE8tj]

I agree with removing the separation of normal reservations and server
reservations.  We can just have "reservations" and use permissions to
control what additional things can be done with each reservation.

Josh

On Wednesday, March 08, 2017 4:38:06 PM Andy Kurth wrote:
> +1 for getting rid of this.
>
> On a related note, I'd like to eventually move away from the whole
> "server reservation" concept altogether.  (I think I may have said
> this in the past in a thread or Jira issue.)  A reservation is a
> reservation.  They may have different attributes such as group access,
> indefinite end times, timeouts disabled, etc.  The current design
> which makes a large distinction between server reservations and other
reservations is messy and limiting.

> -Andy
>

> On Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 12:57 PM, Josh Thompson
> <jo...@ncsu.edu>
>
> wrote:
- --
- -------------------------------

my GPG/PGP key can be found at pgp.mit.edu

Posted by Josh Thompson <jo...@ncsu.edu>.

I agree with removing the separation of normal reservations and server
reservations.  We can just have "reservations" and use permissions to control
what additional things can be done with each reservation.

Josh

On Wednesday, March 08, 2017 4:38:06 PM Andy Kurth wrote:
> +1 for getting rid of this.
>
> On a related note, I'd like to eventually move away from the whole "server
> reservation" concept altogether.  (I think I may have said this in the past
> in a thread or Jira issue.)  A reservation is a reservation.  They may have
> different attributes such as group access, indefinite end times, timeouts
> disabled, etc.  The current design which makes a large distinction between
> server reservations and other reservations is messy and limiting.
>
> -Andy
>

> On Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 12:57 PM, Josh Thompson <jo...@ncsu.edu>
>
> wrote:
- --
- -------------------------------

my GPG/PGP key can be found at pgp.mit.edu

Re: anyone using Server Profiles?

Posted by Josh Thompson <jo...@ncsu.edu>.

I agree with removing the separation of normal reservations and server
reservations.  We can just have "reservations" and use permissions to control
what additional things can be done with each reservation.

Josh

On Wednesday, March 08, 2017 4:38:06 PM Andy Kurth wrote:
> +1 for getting rid of this.
>
> On a related note, I'd like to eventually move away from the whole "server
> reservation" concept altogether.  (I think I may have said this in the past
> in a thread or Jira issue.)  A reservation is a reservation.  They may have
> different attributes such as group access, indefinite end times, timeouts
> disabled, etc.  The current design which makes a large distinction between
> server reservations and other reservations is messy and limiting.
>
> -Andy
>

> On Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 12:57 PM, Josh Thompson <jo...@ncsu.edu>
>
> wrote:
- --