Posted to users@camel.apache.org by jwhitver <jw...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/30 09:12:07 UTC

pollEnrich with ftp uri and RAW() password

Hello,

Camel version: 2.10.3

I have a route that is kicked off via a JMS message. From here it needs to
connect to an FTP server and download a file.  I understand that I should be
using a pollEnrich or enrich endpoint to handle this case.

My issue is that my FTP password contains a "&".  I have attempted to use
the RAW() encoding for the password but this doesn't seem to be supported by
the enrich/pollEnrich uri.

Here is a simplified version of my route:

<camel:route id="ftpRoute">

<camel:from uri="jms:queue:InQ" />

<camel:enrich uri="ftp:username@ftp-server/path?password=RAW(password&1234)"
/>

</camel:route>

The exception I am getting is:

Failed to create route ftpRoute at: >>>
Enrich[ftp:username@ftp-server/path?password=RAW(password&1234) null] <<< in
route: Route[[From[jms:queue:InQ]]  because of Failed to resolve endpoint:
ftp//:username@ftp-server/path?password=RAW%28password&1234%29 due to:
Failed to resolve endpoint:
ftp//:username@ftp-server/path?password=RAW%28password&1234%29 due to: There
are 1 parameters that couldn't be set on the endpoint. Check the uri if the
parameters are spelt correctly and that they are properties of the endpoint.
Unknown parameters=[{1)=null}]

Is the RAW() format accepted by the enrich/pollEnrich endpoint?  Is there
any other way I can make this work?

I have searched for a similar issue but have been unable to find a solution.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jacob Whitver

Re: pollEnrich with ftp uri and RAW() password

Posted by jwhitver <jw...@gmail.com>.
I had attempted to encode the password before setting it on the endpoint.
This did not work in Camel v 2.10.3 as the endpoint would decode it back
into an & while creating the route.

I have upgraded to 2.11.0 and the RAW() encoding is working correctly.  It
is now connecting to my ftp server correctly.

Thanks everyone for the quick responses.  I appreciate the help.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

See this page
http://camel.apache.org/configuring-camel.html

RAW requires Camel 2.11

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 9:12 AM, jwhitver <jw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Camel version: 2.10.3
>
> I have a route that is kicked off via a JMS message. From here it needs to
> connect to an FTP server and download a file.  I understand that I should be
> using a pollEnrich or enrich endpoint to handle this case.
>
> My issue is that my FTP password contains a "&".  I have attempted to use
> the RAW() encoding for the password but this doesn't seem to be supported by
> the enrich/pollEnrich uri.
>
> Here is a simplified version of my route:
>
> <camel:route id="ftpRoute">
>
> <camel:from uri="jms:queue:InQ" />
>
> <camel:enrich uri="ftp:username@ftp-server/path?password=RAW(password&1234)"
> />
>

> </camel:route>
>
> The exception I am getting is:
>
> Failed to create route ftpRoute at: >>>
> Enrich[ftp:username@ftp-server/path?password=RAW(password&1234) null] <<< in
> route: Route[[From[jms:queue:InQ]]  because of Failed to resolve endpoint:
> ftp//:username@ftp-server/path?password=RAW%28password&1234%29 due to:
> Failed to resolve endpoint:
> ftp//:username@ftp-server/path?password=RAW%28password&1234%29 due to: There
> are 1 parameters that couldn't be set on the endpoint. Check the uri if the
> parameters are spelt correctly and that they are properties of the endpoint.
> Unknown parameters=[{1)=null}]
>
> Is the RAW() format accepted by the enrich/pollEnrich endpoint?  Is there
> any other way I can make this work?
>
> I have searched for a similar issue but have been unable to find a solution.
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jacob Whitver

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
www.camelone.org: The open source integration conference.

Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
Email: cibsen@redhat.com
Web: http://fusesource.com
Twitter: davsclaus
Blog: http://davsclaus.com

Re: pollEnrich with ftp uri and RAW() password

Posted by "Djeeaie ." <dj...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

You can also try to escape the & with %26, not sure if it works properly
though.

Regards,
Djee

On 30 May 2013 10:12, jwhitver <jw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Camel version: 2.10.3
>
> I have a route that is kicked off via a JMS message. From here it needs to
> connect to an FTP server and download a file.  I understand that I should
> be
> using a pollEnrich or enrich endpoint to handle this case.
>
> My issue is that my FTP password contains a "&".  I have attempted to use
> the RAW() encoding for the password but this doesn't seem to be supported
> by
> the enrich/pollEnrich uri.
>
> Here is a simplified version of my route:
>
> <camel:route id="ftpRoute">
>
> <camel:from uri="jms:queue:InQ" />
>
> <camel:enrich uri="ftp:username@ftp-server
> /path?password=RAW(password&1234)"
> />
>

> </camel:route>
>
> The exception I am getting is:
>
> Failed to create route ftpRoute at: >>>
> Enrich[ftp:username@ftp-server/path?password=RAW(password&1234) null] <<<
> in
> route: Route[[From[jms:queue:InQ]]  because of Failed to resolve endpoint:
> ftp//:username@ftp-server/path?password=RAW%28password&1234%29 due to:
> Failed to resolve endpoint:
> ftp//:username@ftp-server/path?password=RAW%28password&1234%29 due to:
> There
> are 1 parameters that couldn't be set on the endpoint. Check the uri if the
> parameters are spelt correctly and that they are properties of the
> endpoint.
> Unknown parameters=[{1)=null}]
>
> Is the RAW() format accepted by the enrich/pollEnrich endpoint?  Is there
> any other way I can make this work?
>
> I have searched for a similar issue but have been unable to find a
> solution.
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jacob Whitver