Posted to dev@yetus.apache.org by Jack Bearden <ja...@altiscale.com> on 2018/09/04 19:38:59 UTC

1.0 release

Hi all,

What kind of things are preventing Yetus from a 1.0 release? What does
everyone expect before 1.0?

- Jack

Re: 1.0 release

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org>.
You must have hit send early there Allen...

;)

Re: 1.0 release

Posted by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@effectivemachines.com.INVALID>.

Re: 1.0 release

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org>.
Before we hit 1.0 I'd want a formalization of what we're saying the
compatibility expectations are for everything we publish.

For example, we've changed the output of release doc maker a couple times.
Would we need to stop doing that?

I've seen Allen mention a Jenkins plugin a couple of times with an
implication of rewriting large parts of test-patch. Could that happen post
1.0 without a major version change?

Prior to 1.0 I should probably do a check to see if anything HBase does
with test-patch could be made less hacky.

When we started I remember saying that I wanted to see a non-asf project
use yetus before declaring 1.0. I feel less strongly about that now because
I'm using it on a few different itches already.