Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Justin Cohen <ju...@teamaol.com> on 2010/09/23 16:00:49 UTC

Root region location changed. Sleeping.

  This morning my development hbase cluster stopped working.  I was
seeing this in the logs:

http://pastebin.com/b1YT5Rwb

A restart fixed it.  As this is my dev cluster used with minimal load
the hardware isn't the most ideal, but I haven't had any problems with
it in the past few months.  I'm running 0.20.5

What should I look for to see what really failed?

Thanks,
-justin

Re: Root region location changed. Sleeping.

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.
Find the earliest occurrence of that error, correlate with what's in
the regionserver/master logs around that time.

J-D