Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Alucard <al...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/21 10:48:28 UTC

Where is LogTransformer log file path??

Hi all.

I follow the steps of creating a LogTransformer in DataImportHandler wiki:

<entity name="office_address" dataSource="jdbc"
pk="office_add_Key" transformer="LogTransformer" logLevel="debug"
                    logTemplate="office_add_Key:
${office_address.office_add_Key}, last_index_time:
${dataimporter.last_index_time}"

</entity>

The java statement that start Solr:

java "-Dremarks=solr:8983"
"-Djava.util.logging.config.file=logging.properties" -jar start.jar

logging.properties file content

# Default global logging level:
.level = DEBUG

# Write to a file:
handlers = java.util.logging.FileHandler

# Write log messages in human readable format:
java.util.logging.FileHandler.formatter = java.util.logging.SimpleFormatter

# Log to the logs subdirectory, with log files named solrxxx.log
java.util.logging.FileHandler.pattern = logs/solr_log-%g.log
java.util.logging.FileHandler.append = true
java.util.logging.FileHandler.count = 10
java.util.logging.FileHandler.limit = 5000000 #Roughly 5MB

====

So the log file (solr_log0.log) is there, startup message are properly
logged.  However,
when I do a delta import, the message defined in logTemplate attribute is
not logged.

I have done some research but cannot find anything related to:
LogTransformer file path/log path or so on...

So, can anyone please tell me where are those messgae logged?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Ellery

Re: Where is LogTransformer log file path??

Posted by Alucard <al...@gmail.com>.
Thank you, but what do you mean by "solr logs"?

Actually I cannot find my message in "Solr logs", which is resided in:
<solr-root>/logs/solr_log-%g.log

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@gmail.com>.
it will be in the solr logs

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 2:18 PM, Alucard <al...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I follow the steps of creating a LogTransformer in DataImportHandler wiki:
>
> <entity name="office_address" dataSource="jdbc"
> pk="office_add_Key" transformer="LogTransformer" logLevel="debug"
>                    logTemplate="office_add_Key:
> ${office_address.office_add_Key}, last_index_time:
> ${dataimporter.last_index_time}"
>>
> </entity>
>
> The java statement that start Solr:
>
> java "-Dremarks=solr:8983"
> "-Djava.util.logging.config.file=logging.properties" -jar start.jar
>
> logging.properties file content
>
> # Default global logging level:
> .level = DEBUG
>
> # Write to a file:
> handlers = java.util.logging.FileHandler
>
> # Write log messages in human readable format:
> java.util.logging.FileHandler.formatter = java.util.logging.SimpleFormatter
>
> # Log to the logs subdirectory, with log files named solrxxx.log
> java.util.logging.FileHandler.pattern = logs/solr_log-%g.log
> java.util.logging.FileHandler.append = true
> java.util.logging.FileHandler.count = 10
> java.util.logging.FileHandler.limit = 5000000 #Roughly 5MB
>
> ====
>
> So the log file (solr_log0.log) is there, startup message are properly
> logged.  However,
> when I do a delta import, the message defined in logTemplate attribute is
> not logged.
>
> I have done some research but cannot find anything related to:
> LogTransformer file path/log path or so on...
>
> So, can anyone please tell me where are those messgae logged?
>
> Thank you in advance for any help.
>
> Ellery

Noble Paul