Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Robert Evans <bo...@google.com> on 2008/10/11 03:17:59 UTC

Filter_Option and Filtering Support in general

In the Javascript for opensocial.dataRequest, there is a Filter_Option
specified as taking a Map<String, Object>, but nothing else is said
about it anywhere. Presumably the map maps a filter key (some property
of a person) to the test value used for equality. Or maybe not.

Has anyone implemented this in their container? If so, what types of
filtering are you supporting?

Is this supposed to map to the filterOp, filterBy, and filterValue
trio in the restful spec?

Also, in general, are there any containers out there supporting
filtering in their restful or json rpc implementations? There are the
person filter_types :: {HAS_APP, TOP_FRIENDS, ...} too. How many
people are going to implement those?

Same for updatedSince, which is currently listed as a blocker for
Shindig's compliance with 0.8.1. Anyone actually implementing that in
their container?

Thanks,
Bob

Re: Filter_Option and Filtering Support in general

Posted by Paul Lindner <pl...@hi5.com>.
hi5 supports HAS_APP and TOP_FRIENDS filters, I'm trying to find a way
to support the is_friend_of filter, but am confused about how the
filteroptions are supposed to map to fingerOp and filterValue..

IS_FRIENDS_WITH is an interesting case since it takes an idSpec as the
filter option according to the spec...

Soon I hope to support filtering based on NETWORK_STATUS, but again
the API on the JS side and the REST side have some impedance
mismatches...

On Oct 10, 2008, at 6:17 PM, Robert Evans wrote:

> In the Javascript for opensocial.dataRequest, there is a Filter_Option
> specified as taking a Map<String, Object>, but nothing else is said
> about it anywhere. Presumably the map maps a filter key (some property
> of a person) to the test value used for equality. Or maybe not.
>
> Has anyone implemented this in their container? If so, what types of
> filtering are you supporting?
>
> Is this supposed to map to the filterOp, filterBy, and filterValue
> trio in the restful spec?
>
> Also, in general, are there any containers out there supporting
> filtering in their restful or json rpc implementations? There are the
> person filter_types :: {HAS_APP, TOP_FRIENDS, ...} too. How many
> people are going to implement those?
>
> Same for updatedSince, which is currently listed as a blocker for
> Shindig's compliance with 0.8.1. Anyone actually implementing that in
> their container?
>
> Thanks,
> Bob

Paul Lindner