Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Riaan Oberholzer <ri...@yahoo.com> on 2003/08/06 11:41:52 UTC

[Q] Does struts tags impact performance a lot?

This might probably be a general JSP question too, but
to what extend would I be better off by using my own
specialized tags or even java scriplits instead of
struts tags?

E.g:

Struts:
<bean:write name="message" scope="request" />

vs

<%
  String message = request.getAttribute("message");
  if (message != null ) {
%>
  <%= message %>
<%
  }
%>

What would the performance difference be between above
two mentioned pieces of code that does the same thing?

What about other struts tags (html, logic, beans,
etc)? How do they measure with performance?

Thanks!