Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Sule BASOL <ka...@icloud.com> on 2013/02/12 03:57:27 UTC

Why new InitialContext remote is so slow ?

	hello , i ve tried to connect ejb's remotely by using ejbd protocol like;

           final Properties prop = new Properties( );
            prop.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY, "org.apache.openejb.client.RemoteInitialContextFactory");
            prop.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "ejbd://localhost:4201");

            final InitialContext c = new InitialContext(prop); // takes too much time like 5seconds on localhost connection , whats wrong ?

i didnt made profiling but its very interesting to connect localhost too much time.

Re: Why new InitialContext remote is so slow ?

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.
On Feb 11, 2013, at 6:57 PM, Sule BASOL <ka...@icloud.com> wrote:

> 	hello , i ve tried to connect ejb's remotely by using ejbd protocol like;
>
>           final Properties prop = new Properties( );
>            prop.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY, "org.apache.openejb.client.RemoteInitialContextFactory");
>            prop.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "ejbd://localhost:4201");
>
>            final InitialContext c = new InitialContext(prop); // takes too much time like 5seconds on localhost connection , whats wrong ?
>
> i didnt made profiling but its very interesting to connect localhost too much time.

If it's taking that long I suspect a network-lag issue.  Quick way to see what it might be doing is hit the client process with a 'kill -3' when it is doing that 5 second hang.  That should spit out what the client is doing.

-David

Re: setting property remotely makes system vulnerability

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi the client needs to know a way to connect the server..what are you
thinking about?

Posted by Sule BASOL <ka...@icloud.com>.