Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Attila Nagy <na...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/29 12:00:08 UTC

using user activity aggregate templates

Hi!

We are currently in designing the integration of shindig in our social site.
When dealing with activities we have stuck on an architectural question:

The opensocial specification suggest gadget writers to use templates instead
of simple text as the body of the activity:
http://code.google.com/apis/opensocial/docs/0.7/reference/opensocial.Activity.html

There is also a proposal to use aggregate templates. Our problem is, that
the creation of the activity is happening much earlier than the aggregation
of the activities. The first one takes place in Shindig, while the second is
on the container side. But to use the activity templates, which are part of
the gadget specification out container needs to fetch the gadget
specification and the message bundle, the do the rendering itself.

Is there some official method in Shindig to request a gadget specification,
or it would be much better to request shindig to render a specific message
of a specific app with the given parameters?

Is there any design guideline how to implement this task?

Thank you

--
Nagy Attila Gabor