Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Pierre Neihouser <pi...@lionet.ie> on 2000/11/01 19:19:51 UTC

Re: May I ask a question of Tomcat?

Baron wrote:

> Hi, I was installing Tomcat and Apache for testing. Most of functions
> were working fine.But there was a problem when I want to upload  a
> file. A form tag was setting in a jsp file as following<form
> enctype="multipart/form-data" action="/servlet/UploadDepartmentImage"
> method=POST>when I submit to upload, the URL was transfered
> tohttp://servername/servlet/UploadDepartmentImage , this is a worng
> URL

Hi,

It might sound stupid but if you are requesting the wrong URL from your
JSP file, maybe you could change this URL in the JSP page, like this:

Instead of : <form enctype="multipart/form-data"
action="/servlet/UploadDepartmentImage" method=POST>
Use this: <form enctype="multipart/form-data"
action="/jeestore/servlet/jeestore/UploadDepartmentImage" method=POST>

And that would be just a problem with the JSP and not Tomcat...  I hope
it does not fix the problem and you are going to give me some more
details about what you are trying to achieve, because I don't really
understand what is wrong with your system. If that fixes your problem,
you need to do some reading...

Let me know...

--
Pierre