Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com> on 2012/05/23 06:44:19 UTC

[VOTE] Release Oozie 3.2.0-incubating (candidate 0)

Dear Oozie community,

The release candidate 0 for for Oozie 3.2.0-incubating is available.

Some of the new features are:

* Hive action
* Sqoop action
* Shell action
* Tool to create/upgrade database schema
* Kerberos SPNEGO authentication
* Proxy User capabilities for Oozie users
* Job ACLs support
* Improved Job information over HTTP REST API
* Improved Workflow validation
* Sharelib directories per action
* EL functions for Workflow and Coordinator applications

In addition it includes several improvements for performance and stability
and several bug fixes.

Keys used to sign the release are available at
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/oozie/trunk/KEYS?view=markup.

Please download, test, and try it out:

   http://people.apache.org/~tucu/oozie-3.2.0-incubating-candidate-0

The release, md5 signature, gpg signature, and rat report can all be found
at the above URL.

Vote closes on MAY/25 22:00 PST.

Thanks

--
Alejandro
PS: Mohammad was driving this release, currently he is unavailable for

Re: [VOTE] Release Oozie 3.2.0-incubating (candidate 0)

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.
Thanks for all the votes, I'll be cutting a new release later today to
address Alan's concerns an starting a new vote thread.

--
Alejandro

Re: [VOTE] Release Oozie 3.2.0-incubating (candidate 0)

Posted by Chris Douglas <cd...@apache.org>.

Fwd: [VOTE] Release Oozie 3.2.0-incubating (candidate 0)

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
+1.

I ran all tests (2x just to be sure), and ran one example app each
against local pseudo-dist 1.0.2 and 0.20.2-CDH3u4 installs. Since I do
not have any working local 2.0-env setup presently, I couldn't test
that but I believe Oozie tests have covered it good enough.

--
Harsh J

Re: [VOTE] Release Oozie 3.2.0-incubating (candidate 0)

Posted by Mona Chitnis <ch...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1

Posted by Virag Kothari <vi...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.
+1

--
Alejandro

Re: [VOTE] Release Oozie 3.2.0-incubating (candidate 0)

Posted by Jeremy Hanna <je...@gmail.com>.
+1: downloaded, built distro, been kicking things around in a staging cluster.  Looking forward to this release.
One extra thought though - the versions of pig and sqoop for the default shared lib may need updating.  Currently the versions it's building in by default are:
<pig.version>0.9.0</pig.version>
<sqoop.version>1.5.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT</sqoop.version>

I would think it would be good to at least go to pig 0.9.2 if not 0.10.0 and probably to a non-SNAPSHOT version of sqoop, but I'm not as familiar with that dependency.

Posted by Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com>.
-1

The binaries called out in NOTICE.txt are an issue.  As discussed recently on general[1], source releases need to be source only.  Since these binaries are taken from Hadoop you could point to where they can be obtained from Hadoop.  Alternatively you make a separate binary release that contains them.

Verified signatures, checked the rat report, reviewed the LICENSE, NOTICE, DISCLAIMER, and README files.  The NOTICE file does say copyright 2011 should be updated to 2012.

Is it still true, as stated in the README, that Oozie only works against 0.20.205?  The hadooplibs directory includes poms for a bunch of different versions of hadoop.

Alan.

[1] see the thread started with http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/201203.mbox/%3C6139605F-4F41-4793-8C2A-4E0446175884@gmail.com%3E

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.
On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 9:44 PM, Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com> wrote:
> Dear Oozie community,
>
> The release candidate 0 for for Oozie 3.2.0-incubating is available.
>
> Some of the new features are:
>
> * Hive action
> * Sqoop action
> * Shell action
> * Tool to create/upgrade database schema
> * Kerberos SPNEGO authentication
> * Proxy User capabilities for Oozie users
> * Job ACLs support
> * Improved Job information over HTTP REST API
> * Improved Workflow validation
> * Sharelib directories per action
> * EL functions for Workflow and Coordinator applications
>
> In addition it includes several improvements for performance and stability
> and several bug fixes.
>
> Keys used to sign the release are available at
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/oozie/trunk/KEYS?view=markup.
>
> Please download, test, and try it out:
>
>   http://people.apache.org/~tucu/oozie-3.2.0-incubating-candidate-0
>
> The release, md5 signature, gpg signature, and rat report can all be found
> at the above URL.
>
> Vote closes on MAY/25 22:00 PST.

+1. Pulled this RC into Bigtop, build on 6 different Linux platforms
(CentOS5, RHEL, Fedora15, Fedora16, Lucid, SLES11) with
the Hadoop 2.0.0-alpha.

Bigtop smoke tests passed.

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: [VOTE] Release Oozie 3.2.0-incubating (candidate 0)

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.