Posted to user@struts.apache.org by hernan gonzalez <hg...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/18 18:33:10 UTC

struts 2.1.6 jar sizes

I've just upgraded from 2.0.14 to 2.1.6. Everything smooth so far.

I'm a little concerned about the jar sizes. Previuosly, we had a huge
struts2-core-2.0.14.jar,  2.21 MB, most of it from the static/ folder
(for dojo); now that dojo has been factored out from the core (wise
move) struts2-core-2.1.6.jar weights 719 KB . Nice.

But, on the other side, we have now a big increase in xwork jar, from
448 KB to 2.18 MB .
I see the classes in org.aspectj.* accounts for much of the weight. I
know, for a web application in these days 2 Mb is not a great deal,
but anyway, I hate bloated software, and I wish to be assured that
this is necessary.

Hernán

Re: struts 2.1.6 jar sizes

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.