Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Ivan Vasilev <iv...@sirma.bg> on 2011/06/09 13:24:07 UTC

Bug fix to contrib/.../IndexSplitter

Hi Guys,

I would like to fix a class in
contrib/misc/src/java/org/apache/lucene/index called IndexSplitter. It
has a bug - when splits the segments in separate index the segment
descriptor file contains a wrong data - the number (the name) of next
segment to generate is 0. Although it can not cause exception in some
cases (depends on existing segment names and the number of newly
generated ones) in most of cases it do cases Exception.

I do not know if I would have rights to submit this fix to Lucene
contrib dir but I am attaching the fix and a test that shows the
exception when using original class and there is no exception when using
fixing class.

Cheers,
Ivan

RE: Bug fix to contrib/.../IndexSplitter

Posted by Steven A Rowe <sa...@syr.edu>.
Hi Ivan,

You do have rights to submit fixes to Lucene - everyone does!

Here's how: http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/HowToContribute

Please create a patch, create an issue in JIRA, and then attach the patch to the JIRA issue.  When you do this, you are asked to state that you grant license to your work; this is very important for Apache software projects.  All JIRA issue creation and modification events are automatically posted to the dev@lucene.apache.org mailing list, so all Lucene developers will see your work.

Thanks,
Steve