Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at> on 2005/07/15 09:08:20 UTC

[VFS] Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday VFS!
Or better: Happy Birthweek :-)

This week VFS gets 3 years old.

VFS started as a subproject of Myrmidon late 2001 by Adam Murdoch.
Here is the first draft by Adam: http://ant.apache.org/ant2/VFS.txt

Myrmidon itself was a proposal for "ant 2".

Jeff Turner initiated the extraction (the time I started counting) of
VFS to jakarta-commons:

With this background I am awfully sorry that I didnt manage to finish
the 1.0 release in time. So close but still not done. Yes, I took this
week as my very latest point in time to release it - damn.
Ok, I am on vacation for two weeks - time to collect new power.
Afterwards there will be the RC3 which we hopefully can use to vote for
the 1.0 release.

---
Mario

Re: [VFS] Happy Birthday

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org>.

> This week VFS gets 3 years old.

Wow! ...congrats!!

> With this background I am awfully sorry that I didnt manage to
> finish the 1.0 release in time. So close but still not done. Yes, I
> took this week as my very latest point in time to release it - damn.

Naa... almost there :)

Have fun on your vacation!

cheers
--