Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by PM...@axa.com.au on 2001/08/13 07:21:43 UTC

ltmain.sh / libtool error

i get the same error on both PC Solaris 2.7 and BeOS R5 (BONE)
i'm using libtool 1.4 on both platforms.

Making all in buckets
/bin/sh /opt/src/httpd-2_0_23/srclib/apr/libtool --silent --mode=compile gcc    -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DSOLARIS2=7 -D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS -D_REENTRANT
   -I/opt/src/httpd-2_0_23/srclib/apr-util/include -I/opt/src/httpd-2_0_23/srclib/apr-util/../apr/include  -c apr_buckets_file.c && touch
apr_buckets_file.lo
libtool: ltconfig version `' does not match ltmain.sh version `1.3.4-freebsd-ports'
Fatal configuration error.  See the libtool docs for more information.
*** Error code 1
......more errors, but make dies.

I checked the sources of the ltmain.sh and the two which have the incorrect version info are:
srclib/apr/build/ltmain.sh
Line 57: VERSION=1.3.4-freebsd-ports

and
srclib/apr-util/xml/expat/conftools/ltmain.sh
Line 57: VERSION=1.3.4-freebsd-ports

Please let me know if i need to get libtool 1.3.4 or not

FYI i am running 2_0_24(dev) for BeOS at http://beos.loved.com/
from a CVS update over the weekend.

regards
peter

Peter Moore
Contractor,
ITeG, Axa Australia

Important Note
This email (including any attachments) contains information which is
confidential and may be subject to legal privilege.  If you are not
the intended recipient you must not use, distribute or copy this
email.  If you have received this email in error please notify the
sender immediately and delete this email. Any views expressed in this
email are not necessarily the views of AXA.   Thank you.