Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Hossein Miri <hm...@me.com> on 2013/03/07 15:46:49 UTC

m2eclipse install

Hello,

I'm a novice, trying to setup maven2 on my Mac.

I would like to install the m2eclipse from: http://eclipse.org/m2e/

and import a project as a Maven Project under the Eclipse menu.

But when I go to the Help menu and look for m2eclipse in the MarketPlace,

there are a number of options for install:

� - Maven Integration for Eclipse WTP (Incubation)
� � by Eclipse.org, EPL

� - m2eclipse-wtp : Maven Integration for Eclipse WTP (from github)
� � by Red Hat, Inc., EPL

� - Maven Integration for Eclipse
� � by Eclipse.org, EPL

Which one should I install?

Thanks,

Re: m2eclipse install

Posted by Curtis Rueden <ct...@wisc.edu>.
Hi Hossein,

> I would like to install the m2eclipse

As Ron says, you can use Eclipse/STS if you want the whole enchilada.

Alternately, one middle ground is the "Eclipse IDE for Java Developers"
download, which comes with both M2E and EGit already installed. Feature
list here:

http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/eclipse-ide-java-developers/junosr2

Regards,
Curtis

Re: m2eclipse install

Posted by Jeffrey E Care <ca...@us.ibm.com>.
Hossein Miri <hm...@me.com> wrote on 03/07/2013 09:46:49 AM:

> there are a number of options for install:
>
>   - Maven Integration for Eclipse WTP (Incubation)
>     by Eclipse.org, EPL
>
>   - m2eclipse-wtp : Maven Integration for Eclipse WTP (from github)
>     by Red Hat, Inc., EPL
>
>   - Maven Integration for Eclipse
>     by Eclipse.org, EPL
>
> Which one should I install?

The last one is actually m2e, so you need that one for sure. The other two
are m2e extensions that attempt to integrate Eclipse's Web Tools Project
(WTP) with the Maven WAR plugin.

Re: m2eclipse install

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
You can save yourself a lot of grief just by installing Eclipse/STS from
Springsource.
It includes Eclipse with a full set of plug-ins required to do
development with Java, Maven and the Spring tool suite.

Saves all these questions about what to load and how to fix incompatible
dependencies.
One download and install and you are good to go.

All free!
Ron

On 07/03/2013 9:46 AM, Hossein Miri wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm a novice, trying to setup maven2 on my Mac.
>
> I would like to install the m2eclipse from: http://eclipse.org/m2e/
>
> and import a project as a Maven Project under the Eclipse menu.
>
> But when I go to the Help menu and look for m2eclipse in the MarketPlace,
>
> there are a number of options for install:
>
>   - Maven Integration for Eclipse WTP (Incubation)
>     by Eclipse.org, EPL
>
>   - m2eclipse-wtp : Maven Integration for Eclipse WTP (from github)
>     by Red Hat, Inc., EPL
>
>   - Maven Integration for Eclipse
>     by Eclipse.org, EPL
>
> Which one should I install?