Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/30 23:51:48 UTC

Struts-Tiles and Maven

OK I am cautiously wading into the "Maven" waters ...

I'm having trouble using the standalone Struts in an m2 project.  Here
is the dependency I am using:

    <dependency>
	<groupId>struts</groupId>
	<artifactId>struts-tiles</artifactId>
	<version>1.1</version>
    	<scope>compile</scope>
    </dependency>

Here is the result:

  struts:struts-tiles:1.1:jar

from the specified remote repositories:
  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

Any ideas?

sean

Re: Struts-Tiles and Maven

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
It appears the folder structure is present on the repo but the jar
file is missing.  Anyway we can fix that?

sean

Re: Struts-Tiles and Maven

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

> You can look in the repository to see what's there:
>    http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/struts/jars/

... or the m2 version:  http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/struts/struts/

(But they should have the same contents, just in a different structure.)

--
Wendy

Re: Struts-Tiles and Maven

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
Greg,

I will try and test the latest with Shale as well.  The last time I
tried it there were some issues.  I'll catch up with you on the
*struts* dev list sometime soon.

sean

Re: Struts-Tiles and Maven

Posted by Greg Reddin <gr...@apache.org>.

Re: Struts-Tiles and Maven

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 11/30/05, Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I didn't think it was released but I know its approaching release.
> Shale is using it and that project is about to release.  I'm just
> trying to avoid using the entire struts.jar since we only need the
> tiles part.

I wouldn't go back to 1.1, then... I (obviously) don't even remember
that long ago.

I was thinking of this:
http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Library_dependencies
which has Struts 1.2.7 for MyFaces.

> Oh well.  I guess we'll wait a little while until Struts 1.3 is official.
>
> @Wendy, will that release include standalone tiles or just Struts Action?

Stand-alone Tiles will have its own release schedule.  There is a
separate struts-tiles.jar file for 1.3, but it depends on
struts-action.jar, so that won't help much.  I think you're stuck with
the dependency on Struts until Stand-alone Tiles has a release.

(And it's not the wrong list if he's talking about the MyFaces Maven 2
build files...)

--
Wendy

Re: Struts-Tiles and Maven

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: Struts-Tiles and Maven

Posted by Greg Reddin <gr...@apache.org>.

Re: Struts-Tiles and Maven

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Re: Struts-Tiles and Maven

Posted by Simon Kitching <sk...@obsidium.com>.
Sean Schofield wrote:
> OK I am cautiously wading into the "Maven" waters ...
>
> I'm having trouble using the standalone Struts in an m2 project.  Here
> is the dependency I am using:
>
>     <dependency>
> 	<groupId>struts</groupId>
> 	<artifactId>struts-tiles</artifactId>
> 	<version>1.1</version>
>     	<scope>compile</scope>
>     </dependency>
>
> Here is the result:

>   struts:struts-tiles:1.1:jar
>
> from the specified remote repositories:
>   central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
>
> Any ideas?

I'm no maven expert, but for cases where the dependency is on a jar that
hasn't been published anywhere (which is the case for struts-tiles I
believe), I believe you can insert it manually into your local maven
cache. Dir ~/.maven-repository is the right dir on unix I believe
(working from memory here).

Regards,

Simon

Re: Struts-Tiles and Maven

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.
Always late :-) This happens in the list, while you are writing your
mail other fast-neuron-equiped users write faster, such as Wendy ;-)

Bruno

Re: Struts-Tiles and Maven

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
Since most of my dev@ ... emails are for MyFaces gmail is trying to
help me.  :-(

Re: Struts-Tiles and Maven

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.

Re: Struts-Tiles and Maven

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
You're right wrong list.

Re: Struts-Tiles and Maven

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 11/30/05, Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [1] http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/struts/struts-tiles/1.1/

I wonder if that was the Tiles before it got put into Struts... and
now it's coming back out again. :)  MyFaces seems to depend on a later
version than 1.1, does it not?

--
Wendy

Re: Struts-Tiles and Maven